On The Way Down To Alsace /colmar From Calais (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2015
Winchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can anyone give me a pointer for a pretty campsite /aire near a pretty town /village with a really Good restaurant ( ie fantastic local food or gourmet) for our first memorable night on our first trip to France. We will either dash down the toll motorway for 4 hours and then come off = approx St Dezier or Metz areas. Or divert to some where nice with in a four hour drive from Calais south east wards. I have so far come up with laon as an easy and interesting stop. I have ALL the books, including the giude officiel's and all the aires , passion etc.
Perfect scenario = little campsite with in walking distance of a beautiful village /small town with fantastic cosy restaurant.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
coucy le chateau auffrique in Picardy has a very pretty aire at the bottom of the castle walls. The fortified village is a 15 minute uphill walk to a small square with a 2 star hotel (can't remember name, belle something, but only hotel in village) providing delicious French traditional, seasonal food which is quite good but not gourmet - more French rustique, Great cheeses and wine. The aire is lovely with electric and manicured picnic area, immaculate toilets, access via code when you pay for electric (about €5 a night I think) if no space left there is an overflow, but no electric.

Regarding Colmar area, there is a large aire at kayserberg. Loads of restaurants here, including a Michelin star one, so you might want to save your euros for that
Bon voyage et Bon appetit

OP
OP
Mici
Feb 23, 2015
Winchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you snoozywoozy. I have researched the Colmar area to death and I think have that sorted. It was stopping some where nice after approx 4 hours that I was unsure about.
looking into your suggestion .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mici
Feb 23, 2015
Winchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just need a really good first night out -then Munster + Comte cheese, local saucisson and Gewurztraminer here we come!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back