Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello chaps, I have a autotrail chieftain and I want to buy an awning for the side of it that you can use in windy conditions.

When we bought the camper it came with two awnings one was the wind out omnister type that has a room the other is a rod type one that curves away from the van but is just not tall enough to clear the door properly.

The roll out omnister is great but I would not want to risk it in windy conditions so is there a tall enough tent type one out there that will withstand the elements I have found a vango blow up one but its pricey.

Size wise large as its a big van so what have you got and how do you rate it many thanks Alan. Ps a drive away type.:thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I have one of these. Link Removed

Found it to be very good and sturdy.

It's redundant now, since my switch to PVC and Caravan, but I would definitely recommend it.

Pete:Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We used a Khyam Motordome Excelsior with our previous van. Very easy to put up/down and very stable in wind. You can add hanging bedrooms (though we never did) and I think they come with groundsheets sewn in, though the awning itself has no groundsheet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We've got an Outwell awning similar to this one:

Link Removed

It has a zip in groundsheet, a large 'tunnel' to attach to the front of the wind-out on the 'van so it should suit a high door, and hanging loops for bedrooms.

It's stood up to pretty high winds since we've had it!

the snail

Free Member
Dec 23, 2007
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15 yrs
Hi all first posting just moved from you know who as it seems they don't need my input anymore!!

Right I am looking for a dealer who stocks Vango awnings "blow up type " to fit a camper have spent a lot of time going through Vango's list but no luck so far.

Any help appreciated,

I am based in south Wales

Bryan (The Snail)

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
I saw this at the Newbury Show :-
Very impressed but only 250cm tall and won't fit my Burstner. (Might fit a Camper Bryan)
Advantage is that it is very light, slots along the rail of existing Omnister awning and then has just one inflated support, a few guy ropes and it's done! Very reasonable too! Does anyone know of anything similar? It's not a drive away but so quick to erect it would be ideal for dog, wet coats etc whilst big enough for 2 chairs and s table.

Norm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back