Proposed 'aire' At Canterbury (1 Viewer)

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
The picture on Streetview shows a height barrier on this car park, has it been removed?

Canterbury appear to be a very forward looking council. Their existing Aire on the Park and Ride car park outside of Canterbury is a good example of what other councils should be doing.

No barrier there now - just the support posts for them in the ground.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hope they go ahead with this, survey filled in and suggestions made, particularly as motorhome parking has been curtailed effectively from 6pm in many parts of herne bay now, (have suggested also that they extend the hours there to at least 9pm from 6pm to enable those who have spent the day, to be able also to enjoy an evening meal)
Colin Perris has been keen to expand motorhome stopovers in the Canterbury City Council area for some time. The Herne Bay facility is coming but has unfortunately been delayed by the works at Swalecliffe Avenue.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Completed the survey - and commended them on their attitude to motorhomes - and the potential for local businesses.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Done it. Took the opportunity to praise their enlightened approach, and said the MH pitches should be clearly marked and have a slight incline to aid levelling, as with the New Dover Road P&R. Also said it should be open 7 days a week until 10pm.

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you all for your actions. I was unsure whether to copy it on here as it was ripped from another forum but I'm glad I did. Let's hope for a positive outcome with other local authorities taking note, 'grey' money is invaluable to local traders

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Thank you all for your actions. I was unsure whether to copy it on here as it was ripped from another forum but I'm glad I did. Let's hope for a positive outcome with other local authorities taking note, 'grey' money is invaluable to local traders

I've emailed Thanet council to ask if they could consider adapting our existing car parks for mh's too!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Let's hope for a positive outcome with other local authorities taking note, 'grey' money is invaluable to local traders
Don't hold your breath Merle. Most just want to put up barriers to keep us undesirables out. :mad:

Cheers

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back