Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
we have just purchasedour first ever motor home which is a 1999 Hymer b694 thats being delivered next week. We have decided to sell up and live in the motor home full time! does anyone have any advice, hints or tip for us?

:smiley:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
let the house for additional income and a place to come back to, welcome to the strange world of movable houses.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Lambs to the slaughter????

Don't sell the house just yet! let it out for a year and then see how you feel. We let ours out for a year and halfway through began to feel homeless. Now we have it back......... much better!

The nice thing about having a place to return to is exactly that............. you can return anytime you want to (even if you don't ;))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
We are planning on wild camping most of the week and going to sites for a couple of days to re-charge and empty out / fill up etc any advice on wild camping

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
That makes things easier to register for officialdom providing you can use that address. I would suggest you try living in the van for six months before selling your home, you may end up hating it as a fulltime option, it is not for everyone.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi And welcome to fun, slightly concerned you say you are having it delivered next week, have you checked it out thoroughly for damp etc. before taking delivery, I wish you well and hope you enjoy your new way of life.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Advice for living in a MH, keep everything in it's place, clear the decks before you start to prep for a meal, put things away as soon as you've used them, clear up as you work.
Remember you don't have the storage you have at home so downsize all jars/containers/tins etc., for two uf us i only have four of plates, bowls, cutlery. I enjoy baking & cooking, i use a Remoska (low watt about 450h) for just about everything. If you need all your spices & herbs whittle them down to the real basics.
Only have one set of bedding change/towels and the like. Keep an eye on the weight of your vehicle!
I use 'gripmat', i cut it to fit between plates, glasses and anything breakable, you can buy it in rolls from any good camping/caravan accessory shop. My plates, and bowls are Corelle (unbreakable) my mugs a Bone china and any other bowls are all plastic. My colander is a small collapsible one from Amazon, not a big one with a long handle.
Above all else be comfortable and happy in your new home. We've been 'at it' for nearly 5 years, PM me if you wish.

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
Hi shrimp63, thanks for the tips there is only 2 of us so won't need loads of plates and cutlery and cup etc I just can't wait to get started

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Hi shrimp63, thanks for the tips there is only 2 of us so won't need loads of plates and cutlery and cup etc I just can't wait to get started

Yes there are only two of us (& the dog) but you'll be suprised at just what you do need, go away for a fornight in it and find out how everything goes!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
I'm sure we will, we are making lists as people give us advise on what we do and don't need!

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: and :welc:to the club :clap2: hope the pick up of the van next week goes as planned, and everything is working ok (y) . wishing you well on your travels ahead . Mew & Mick.

OP
OP
Sharon Ebbs

Sharon Ebbs

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Thanet
Funster No
MH
hymer S700
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks fingers crossed everything will be working! Just making list of things we do and don't need at the moment.
:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Motorhoming certainly teaches you to be tidy

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Always empty loo and grey, fill fresh water at every opportunity. Scotland allows free camping, so good place for summer. Lots of free camping In Spain, France and Portugal in winter.
Worth getting all the Aires books from vicarious books.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back