Why No Radio 2 In The Mornings In France? (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Please can one of the smart people out there tell me why I can't get Radio 2 until after about 11am here in France. We have a sky box and KVH tracvision which will pick up signal later in the day but can't pick up either Radio 1 or 2! We can get Radio 3/4 and Five Live at 8am here in Bordeaux area. Thanks!

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Normally I would say that you are not getting R1 and R2 but can get R1 and R2as they are on different frequencies and polarisations.
R1 and R2 are on a horizontal frequency
R3 and R4 are on a vertical frequency.
And it would appears that the horizontals are slightly weaker in signal than the verticals, so I would say that for where you are, your dish may be slightly too small to get full reception, or it is slightly out of alignment.

However, this is where it is confusing.
As if, like you say you do, get Five Live, then I can see there is no reason why you should not be getting R1 and R2, because R1, R2 and R5 are all on the same satellite frequency!!!!

OP
OP
Sonia3
Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Wow thanks Satandpcguy - that makes a lot of sense - but why can I get it later in the day but not first thing in the morning - well 9am!! Thanks for your help.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Wow thanks Satandpcguy - that makes a lot of sense - but why can I get it later in the day but not first thing in the morning - well 9am!! Thanks for your help.
Signals from the satellite in an area are not constant.
Although the satellites are in a geo orbit - the earth is not round - so the satellite beams seem to "wobble" (technical term there!), meaning signals levels change.
Hence why you can have signals at some times of the day, and not at other times of the day.

We on the costa blanca used to have this with the old satellite BBC2 was great in the AM, but after 7pm, really hard to receive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back