Rally [May 22, 2015] Thetford Bash (Norfolk) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In all the tiredness and befuddled headedness I should have mentioned a few names and offered thank you's...... in absolutely NO particular order

To John ( Don Quixote ) for amazing service above and beyond the call of duty being chief cook and bottle washer !
He arrived early on Tuesday morning and got everyone booked in during the whole event.

All of the band !!!!

Gail and Tony for so many acts of kindness and generous donations

To Kaz who 'manned' the bar and stayed open late AND cooked over a 100 Sunday roasts

Terry for being Terry and working his way round the camp site fixing every ones van ( and delivering a motorbike for me !! )

To Atlantic fish and chip shop who stepped in at the last minute to supply 100 fish and chip suppers ( which quite frankly were amazing !! .. all be it 30 minutes late LOL ! )

And to the Thetford Rugby club for giving us the venue for a whole week for just £200 allowing us to give the money they would normally charge to Air Ambulance

To all those who joined in the lunacy and who helped out with the moped racing as marshals

DSC00865_zpshgyeaxne.jpg

I could go on and on but the list would just get boring !

Oh.. and for all those that came up and 'admired the new edition to the Jaws household.. A reminder..
A reminder that he ( Dillon ) is not only as cute as a cute thing but can also do the perfect cartoon crap ! :rofl::rofl:

DSC00948_zpsinm217fv.jpg

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Home now, and I had a great weekend thanks to all funsters (y)(y)(y)I finally got to meet JIM(Scotjimland)and his his family (y) in the flesh so to speak :)May I add it was a pleasure (y)
I went with good intentions to do a good bit of work on my van but only put knock in edging onto 7 small cupboard doors :(-Prob an hours work in total spread over 3 days:D-but that only goes to show what a good time I had :Dso once again thankyou to one and all (y)
terry

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Had a fabulous weekend. Thanks John for organising it. Will definitely be back next time. Brilliant music and just loved Simons renditions of some classics. Nice to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones.

Sonja

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fantastic weekend Thankyou so much John and Moureen it was our first time and it will definitely will not be our last . Typical though we have blue skies and brilliant sunshine here now that you have all gone home . Kate x looking forward to seeing you all next weekend :) ps John I have still got to give you another fiver for the pot forgot to put it in for my trip around the site on the trike lol :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just put Motorhome back into storage all cleaned out and ready to go. Thanks John @Jaws for a fantastic event and all for a very good cause.
Also thanks to John @Don Quixote for doing all the marshaling, its a thankless task and thanks for stopping the bitch jumping up (that's the new dog not Sandra):)
Finally a big thanks to all the band including Simon @dabhand, Geraldine @cliffandger and @SUGGY for some fantastic entertainment over the weekend.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Just put Motorhome back into storage all cleaned out and ready to go. Thanks John @Jaws for a fantastic event and all for a very good cause.
Also thanks to John @Don Quixote for doing all the marshaling, its a thankless task and thanks for stopping the bitch jumping up (that's the new dog not Sandra):)
Finally a big thanks to all the band including Simon @dabhand, Geraldine @cliffandger and @SUGGY for some fantastic entertainment over the weekend.

Thats a very nice dog you have and I wish you all the best with her. Nice to meet you both and I'm sure our paths will cross again.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a blast! Thanks John and Family for all the organisation behind the scenes, and the work over the weekend, not forgetting the logistical skills of John @Don Quixote! Music was phenomenal, The Band and The Rexettes were First Class and for me, one of their best performances, Sunday music was brilliant - thanks to The Band for letting me use their equipment to be 'amped up' (not sure audience appreciated it....) but I loved every second of it! If I can stop my knees from knocking I may try it again!

Moped racing was brill, @Jaws - Cliff says he wants footrests on his moped next year!

All in all a Funtastic weekend, even if Amanda @Ambilkate thrashed me at Rummikub.... Again!!!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well done John Mo and John Great fun good"bash" well done the Rex Factor on Saturday, Suggy and Geraldine on Sunday, and thanks to the guys for backing me on Sunday, I know it can't be easy, if I don't know what I'm going to play it must be much harder for you guys! You make me feel a proper entertainer! Well done to "my" new harmonica player, a star is born!! Sorry if I've missed anyone but you know I love you all!!!!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We had a blast! Thanks John and Family for all the organisation behind the scenes, and the work over the weekend, not forgetting the logistical skills of John @Don Quixote! Music was phenomenal, The Band and The Rexettes were First Class and for me, one of their best performances, Sunday music was brilliant - thanks to The Band for letting me use their equipment to be 'amped up' (not sure audience appreciated it....) but I loved every second of it! If I can stop my knees from knocking I may try it again!

Moped racing was brill, @Jaws - Cliff says he wants footrests on his moped next year!

All in all a Funtastic weekend, even if Amanda @Ambilkate thrashed me at Rummikub.... Again!!!

They have ALL got foot pegs !!! :doh:
The ones on the blue one and the white one are forward.. They are there to better balance the riding position :) Did you notice when we did that 'exhibition race ( :rofl: ) everyone had their feet up :wink:

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
What can I say John, what a fab weekend it was, thanks for all your hard work as well as all your helpers, a great cause, the music was fabulous (as you may know I go to a lot of local live music clubs whenever I can). Well done that man & looking forward to the next one already.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a few large boxes of err.... valuable goods ( sic !! ) left over from the charity auction.
It is likely to take YONKS to sell it on ( or give it away or recycle some of it ! ) so I have decided to do the final tally of dosh for air ambulance now and get the cheque off to them asap..
If ( big if LOL !! ) any more moola is raised that can always be sent on afterwards
I hope that is ok by every one ?

Here is a very rough guide to all the lollies at present:

Total from ticket sales and donations before the event £1,732.32
Total raised over the weekend from the auction and other sources £996.63

Total expenditure £448.30 for everything including the site rental

giving us a grand total of money raised a pretty amazing £2280.60 !!!!

A full break down of all expenditure etc is available if wanted.. you just have to ask :)

Copy of this will be on Motorhome Chat section too

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
More than OK with me John (y)Big thanks (yet again) to yourself and all the funsters who gave there time for free to help raise a fab amount for a great cause (y)Hope none of us never need the Air ambulance,so be safe and another thank you to all funster's and Blackbird owners who made the weekend such a special one (y)
terry

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have a few large boxes of err.... valuable goods ( sic !! ) left over from the charity auction.
It is likely to take YONKS to sell it on ( or give it away or recycle some of it ! ) so I have decided to do the final tally of dosh for air ambulance now and get the cheque off to them asap..
If ( big if LOL !! ) any more moola is raised that can always be sent on afterwards
I hope that is ok by every one ?

Here is a very rough guide to all the lollies at present:

Total from ticket sales and donations before the event £1,732.32
Total raised over the weekend from the auction and other sources £996.63

Total expenditure £448.30 for everything including the site rental

giving us a grand total of money raised a pretty amazing £2280.60 !!!!

A full break down of all expenditure etc is available if wanted.. you just have to ask :)

Copy of this will be on Motorhome Chat section too

John, Thats great and a BIG well done to you firstly and then ALL the people who turned up and to make it all work. Looking forward to next year.

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
what a great weekend it was, & to make that amount of cash for the charity, fab. Well done John & all involved in making it so good. See you next year if not before.................

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
That is really kind of you mate..
The PayPal addy will be PM'd straight away :)
Con you send the daddy to me too John please I would like to contribute. I was so sorry to miss it this year (bloody NHS can't get it right) cheers !!martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back