Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have a cycle route that my wife doing tomorrow:
http://www.mapmytracks.com/widgets/event-map/1318040/1820477

So I signed up with mapmytracks to try and load it into our edge 800. Thing is i'm clueless, cant even download Garmin communicator which is necessary to upload from mapmytracks to the edge 800 (communicator is on PC as I can see it in control panel, but cant get to it)

can anyone shed some light please..:(

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
OK. First off, where did you get the route from. Do you have the gpx file? If so, the answer is straightforward.

Plug your 800 into your PC. Wait until it is recognised by the PC as a device. You will then see it as a device listed under "Computer", along with all your other files and hard drives. Copy the gpx file from wherever you obtained it. Then go to where your 800 appears as a device under "Computer". You will see two directories, one called "Garmin", the other being the SD card with your maps. Click on Garmin, then find a folder called newfiles. Paste the gpx file into there. remove your 800 from the PC, ensuring it then switches off. Then switch it back on, and the gpx file will have been converted int a FIT file, and placed in the courses folder. Then you can open it and follow it on the 800.

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
And as an aside, Garmin Communicator rarely works these days, as it is an unsupported plug-in on many browsers. You need to use Garmin Express and Garmin Connect, but do as above - it is simpler in the time frame you have and it works.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Fantastic! Will try that! Problem was I had no file and wife couldn't get it from anyone.

Wasted most of the day on this, will look in the morning as have had enough now!:)

Can you explain where you found GPX file please as this a training ride for the big one in a few weeks? Edit! Forgetvthat! All routes in your link...many thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van