Breakdown cover in the EU (1 Viewer)

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Today I visited my bank to inquire their rates for European breakdown. Because I have full UK break down cover with the AA via my Gold Card. I requested a quote for a month in Germany, !!after I picked myself up, I asked the agent to repeat it,,, £312 !! Yes it was it correct the first time!!
I then contacted my Van Insurance, Caravan Guard.. With all the extend cover and national recovery including hotel if needed £73.18.. 12 month cover, which of course I took.
How can a National Company of which I am a member offer to charge me £312. I rang them back to complain, but wasted my breath. It is certainly Buyer Beware!
Best Regards Mac

Paul C

Free Member
May 23, 2015
Keighley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
Since 1999
Hi, I've been with caravan guard for the last two years, they were the only company who would take me on. Because my Motorhome is 24 this year and we still take it down to Ptgl or Spain for the winter months no one else wanted to know. It costs me over £700 but well worth it for us, I have been told of ADAC, a German company who charge about 100 euro and include the uk but I need to get more info about them before my renewal date later this year. Regards. Paul C. ( new member ).

Rob Paula and Pablo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Milton keynes
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Since 2013
My insurance is with comfort insurance brokerage in the mmm mag and my insurance is with Aviva 6000 miles cover also includes UK and EU breakdown cover and all in is around £330

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
No doubt, ADAC. ALL of Europe and countries around the Med, breakdown, medical assistance, repatriation and really good help if you are in any situation and need help. Yes they are German but have people in all countries to speak all languages.

The second largest motoring organisation in the world, second only to AAA in the USA.

Recently someone has downloaded full terms and conditions to the fun resource centre, go to HERE and see what they have to offer just ignore the reference to caravans they do motorhomes as well . You can also search the forum under ADAC and find instances of people who have been helped by them, including me.

P S Cover is for 12 months anywhere inEurope.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ADAC cover is for yourself and ANY vehicle you happen to be in at the time, oh and t'other half has her own card as well. 365 day cover in Europe/UK (well some people think we are not part of Europe, hee hee) £92 a year. cheap as chips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No doubt, ADAC. ALL of Europe and countries around the Med, breakdown, medical assistance, repatriation and really good help if you are in any situation and need help. Yes they are German but have people in all countries to speak all languages.

The second largest motoring organisation in the world, second only to AAA in the USA.

Recently someone has downloaded full terms and conditions to the fun resource centre, go to HERE and see what they have to offer just ignore the reference to caravans they do motorhomes as well . You can also search the forum under ADAC and find instances of people who have been helped by them, including me.

P S Cover is for 12 months anywhere inEurope.
Excellent link with good explanation , details & numbers. Thank you for that.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Wasn't there some problems a while ago when they appeared not to be taking new customers? Seem to remember a thread about this renewals were OK but not first timers. or did that all sort itself out and I missed it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back