Rally Chat Yorkshire Rally (York ?) (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well like so many others, can't see how this thread escaped my notice, unless of course you grouped together and bribed Jim to keep ole' Popeye in 't dark.

See what I did there, I'm practising me local dialect.

Love to join a meet near York as I haven't been there since 1959 and of course back then I must have still been in my pram, coz I'm a lot younger than very Old Mo.
..... Griff (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Jez & Lyn,:)
We would definitely be interested:D: we've been on about going to York for a while now !!(y)
We'll keep our eyes on the Forum(y)(y)
Regards
Chris & Viv
Gods own country is Wales !!
He told me last week !!

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
I've checked out the Rugby Club and the only problem is that they allow the C&C Club to virtually blanket book the whole Summer, June is the only chance really and that clashes with the Dorset Rally. I am now looking at a couple of other venues in York one of which is very promising and is used for Rallies at Bishopthorpe just outside York but with good access by Bus or Bikes or River Taxi ! The other potential problem with the Rugby Club is that it is prone to flooding in heavy rain which would mean a swift evacuation so I wouldn't like having that on my mind. Anyhow I will post as soon as I have anything clearer to report, I'm thinking sometime in August at the moment as York doesn't really get any busier then but hopefully weather is more nailed on and am thinking a week long meet.

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
very very interested...........how about meeting for 2015............Yorkshire needs more meets.....gods own country. dappleduck

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
very very interested...........how about meeting for 2015............Yorkshire needs more meets.....gods own country. dappleduck
Hi dappleduck, would be nice but doing the Dorset Rally next month and have recently moved to York and the house needs my attention so will have to be 2016 unless someone else fancies organising one? Lots of interest though so will make sure it happens for next year. (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jez,

Rita and I have been up to the Bishopthorpe site (up past the Racecource entrance) to visit friends, though not stayed there ourselves. It is nice and flat, but with very basic facilities, (it was back then anyway) which isn't a problem for most.

And yes, we'd still be interested. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

dappleduck

Free Member
May 14, 2015
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
toyota lightace
Exp
im a newbie
jez and lin thanks for the reply...........big hearty welcome to Yorkshire...............good luck with all diy...............come on all you competent organisers....lets have a York meet 2015...........or more Yorkshire meets.... please... pretty please......dappleduck

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Jez,

Rita and I have been up to the Bishopthorpe site (up past the Racecource entrance) to visit friends, though not stayed there ourselves. It is nice and flat, but with very basic facilities, (it was back then anyway) which isn't a problem for most.

And yes, we'd still be interested. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.
Hi Jock, thanks for that, I think whatever site we end up picking for York it will be fairly basic ie: no EHU or toilets / showers so different to Dorset but as you say most will be able to cope with that.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
jez and lin thanks for the reply...........big hearty welcome to Yorkshire...............good luck with all diy...............come on all you competent organisers....lets have a York meet 2015...........or more Yorkshire meets.... please... pretty please......dappleduck
Hi, Well thanks. Actually we've moved from West Yorkshire to the posh part ;) and are really enjoying York and all it has to offer. We are lucky enough to be just 10 minutes walk from town so Lin is rapidly spending my retirement pot in all the nice shops as a result.:whistle:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We'd like to put our names down too, please.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Update re: York Rally 2016. We now look to have found a good venue which is at Rufforth approx 5 miles west of York but on a Bus route in and only 2 miles from Park & Ride. Quite honestly you wouldn't want to drive into the Centre in a MoHo anyway. The site is especially set up for Rallies and has a large area of hardstanding if the ground is wet. Another plus is that there is a pavilion on the site available for hire so brill for entertainment. I am going out to have a look this weekend and hopefully firm dates up. Due to the number of Rallies going on in the second half of June (Bagwell, Misterton, Stratford) I was looking at the first half of July, I'll see whats available!
There are limited toilets and showers and there is a C&CC certified site attached so potentially a few EHU's available but would have to allocate to any essential users initially. Anyway will post as soon as I know more. (y)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :party2: :drink: :drink: :wine::wine::wine: :party2::notworthy2: :notworthy2: :notworthy2:

:cheers: Jez & Lin ............ You could say we're pleased..:sneaky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back