Music In Your Mh ? (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
What do you listen to when driving or late at night ? What cd's do you carry ? . List your top 5 cd's ,don't be afraid ,let's see who is Top of the Pops .

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It could be the 5 CDs a very kind funster burned for me - wall to wall 60's music.

But it isn't since we load everything on the MP4 player including them - and the selection is 'anything we happen to like' played on 'Random' !

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I'm glad you're still enjoying them.
We listen mainly to some radio shows I recorded by Robbie Vincent from the 80s. Soul music mostly plus 60s and occasionally some modern stuff by the likes of Adele, Paloma Faith and then one of my favourites, Fat Freddy's Drop. All on I-pod and played through Bose sound dock or sound bar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
My current top 5 in no real order. It changes quite often.

Iron Maiden - Edward the Great
Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits
Metallica - Live Shit: Binge and Purge
Montgomery Gentry - Rebels on the Run
Lee Ann Womack - The Way I'm Livin'

Neil Ric Tic

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 11, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740+
Exp
Getting There!
Karen and I always have music on the go when we're travelling around....mostly northern soul and Motown, with some Stax/Atlantic tracks as well.......Also, a good range of sixties stuff as well.............If I'm on my own, I'll be a bad boy and play some trance and breakbeat.......Don't tell her tho', she'll think that the cd player will be contaminated!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Anything from Carol King to AC/DC. Although I love most styles of music Jan's has particular tastes.
Not particularly keen on the radio as the adverts drive me mad :madder:
If on my own it's something heavy, up loud :rock:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We tend to have my daughters music blaring.

Hip hop and that sort of junk.

I get some funny looks at times when people see this old chap at the wheel and that racket coming out :D

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Stereophonics , Fleetwood Mac , The Who, The Jam, Neil Young and whatever the radio has to offer.

Deleted User
My current top 5 playlist is....

Radiohead - OK computer
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
The Smiths - Sounds of the Smiths
Pulp - Hits
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

I'm a massive music fan and can listen to anything not manufactured by Cowell

My music taste has ranged from Punk, Ska, Britpop, indie music etc. But I'm equally happy listening to Northern Soul, Dylan or Metal. Love discovering new bands (or new bands to me) I've got over 500 albums on the Mac mini which I transfer onto a usb stick and change quite regularly.

So come on all you "60's dudes" give the Roses a try you just might like it

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Currently Sam Smith, George Ezra, Avicci, Bastille and Radio 1 Live Lounge but are also fond of a bit of Meatloaf, Pink, Motown and some Tom Jones. Anything really except.....Jazz...apologies to any Jazz fans out there.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We don't play CDs as radio is easier. And the only station we listen to is Planet Rock :)

Got a Pioneer DAB in cab and a Pure Oasis we are listening to at the mo while we BBQ at Lydney Harbour

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
This is interesting.......I always need the radio or the CD player on in the van and in the house from the minute I waken.......Radio 2 or our favourite CDs. But as Bill does the driving he prefers not to have anything on.....the radio I mean, he always drives fully dressed:D
We don't have the same taste in music and he spends all his time turning things down or off.

I will turn up anything that I love to hear, whilst he turns it down from the side of the steering wheel:( It's usually anything by the Eagles that he is happy to listen to, although he does get fed up when it's been played over and over. He will listen for so long then say, how's about putting that off for some peace.......so long journeys in the van can be a problem for us.

When we got the Dakota, Oaktree replaced the old radio with a new Pioneer DAB, radio, CD thingy and the clarity is brilliant, so much so that I have trouble getting out of bed as I can lie and listen to wonderful music coming out of the speakers either side of the bed.(y)

I like any soul stuff from the 70's, any old disco Simply Red, Fleetwood Mac, Beach Boys, anything that's "hummable" or even a bit of George Thoroughgood.....that gets turned up very loud. It might be easier to say what I don't like.......the current modern forgettable rubbish that's played today, oh and Radio 1, we outgrew that a long time ago.

I was banned from playing Dido's Life for Rent CD years back........

Margaret

Last edited:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Currently have ipod plugged into the head unit set to random, but due to a recent purchase, which will hopefully arrive in the next few days, my passengers will set the music from the rear.
Just ordered an alpine Bluetooth headunit :D

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Silence is golden!! Not the Tremeloes just peace and quiet. In younger days always had music when on the road but now we mainly talk or enjoy silence.

When on site iPod set to random with various 60 70 80 artists plus some more recent country.

Pam likes Jeremy vine, I can't abide him and would gladly shoot him if given the chance!

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Good question! Our radio has a USB port so I plug an 8gb drive in it. You can fit an enormous amount of music on an 8gb drive but I find it really quite difficult to find something we both want to listen to for hours at a time so there's much more than five albums on there.

Currently we have...
Adam and the Ants - Kings of the wild frontier, Prince Charming
Muse - Black holes & revelations
James Blunt - All the lost souls, Back to bedlam, Moon landing
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon, Final cut, Wish you were here, The Wall
Kaiser chiefs - Employment
Best of Genesis - 1, 2 & 3
Paul Simon - Graceland
Queen - Innuendo
Madness - One step beyond, Liberty of Norton Folgate
Beatles - Revolver, Sgt.Pepper
Specials - Best of 1 & 2
Dire Straits - Best of, Brothers in arms.

Phew!

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
In my van at the moment , Tiesto , Orbital , Churches , Kate Bush and Crosby, Stills and Nash with Neil Young .

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Anything really.
Queen, genesis, stranglers, 80's, modern dance, anything with a good beat. No to bothered about the lyrics.
SWMBO had Dame Vera Lynn playing once, nearly drove off the Humber bridge :(:(

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Lots of old stuff ... My favourites are Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac, Erasure, Queen, .... Husband loves soul, Lots of stuff really, hate with a passion Paolo Nuttella :sicker: Husband likes him ... He also liked to get kids sing Cliff Richards songs.:sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker::sicker:. He knows better than to put any of that stuff in the MH.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
CDs in the motorhome?

How "Yesterday"... :rofl:

I use a Sony Mex 1HD Audio Library System...

2000 tracks stored on its hard drive.

All the Stones, Judas Priest, Metallica, Buddy Holly, Animals, Pearl Jam, the Who, Motorhead, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Peter Green, Pitchshifter, Living End, Doors, Simon and Garfunkel, Deep Purple and many more I can't remember!

Of course it will play Mpeg 3 stuff off my phone too... (y)

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back