Daveymac

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 6, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi has anyone used Sikaflex or Dekasil bonding to fix Satalite dome or solar panels to their roof or anything else for that matter and if so which would you recommend Sikaflex or Dekasil, please

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Based only on my own van and fairly wide reading, there is a Sikaflex that seems to be used by most tradespeople. To date I have not heard of any failures for securing items onto van roofs, providing it is given enough time to cure.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Fitted both solar panel was fitted with sikaflex only,I was advised to use sikaflex and self tappers one in each hole in the satdome feet (4)
by the engineer that fitted these to my first van reason he had experience off sat dome coming off roofs,make sure when you fit the screws (if you do) that you fill the hole with siklaflex before you put screws in the cover the screw when fitted.mark out with masking tape where you are going to fit them on the roof make sure they clear everything,clean the roof with a non residue cleaner (I used alcohol wipes) let it dry and use siklaflex as instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back