Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Close to Cadiz, Jerez.

It is Port Sherry, where all our sherry was shipped from, sherry coming from Jerez. So a town with real character and sherry tasting opportunities.

We stayed at Camping las Dunas. Right on the front opposite a glorious long beach and a short walk to town. You can cycle for miles in town and along the coast. Great place for a long stay, take the water bus to Cadiz. Visit the sherry houses of Jerez. Visit the race track at Jerez.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.5...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1saxG2DrJV2MTg18YarF0yBA!2e0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Stayed there ourselves a couple of times - love it. But watch the weather if you're taking the water bus to Cadiz. If it is, or has been, windy the configuration of the bay makes that one hell of a choppy trip! We came back by train...............

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Cadiz, what a lovely place to visit.... and the local delicasies are up there amongst the very best.
(Nice boat-ride from El Pto de SM, especially if the US Navy aircraft are flying overhead from nearby Rota.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi Brian - we were there 10 days ago waiting out the predicted thunderstorms. Now at Marjal and feeling inadequate - we've only got a motorhome and a scooter and everyone else here seems to have every acoutrement imaginable - some of the pitches look like mix of Ikea and garden centres. Here for a couple of nights then onto L'Orangeraie at Calig (2512 in ACSI). Safe journey.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I stayed at that site the night before I got the ferry over to Lanzarote before Xmas :)

And I'll be staying there again July 20th, the night before the same ferry :)

Wish I'd been over at the weekend and been able to pop over and watch a little bike race :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back