Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Hi everyone
We are going camping with two other couples, one in a tent and the other borrowing their parents motorhome and was wondering if anyone can recommend campsites within an hour or so from Gloucester that take tents and therefore have good washing facilities. We'd like to have bus available from site to nearby shops if possible for retail therapy...no doubt guys will have a beer lol and maybe a local pub? We went to Lincoln Farm Park near Oxford last time which was fab and ticked every box but fancy somewhere different. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Dawn

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
I went to briar fields a few years ago, noisiest site I have ever been on, main roads either side of the site and if here was a lull in the traffic, aeroplanes were going over the top, won't be going back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
C&CC Hereford site (actually between Ledbury and Hereford at Tarrington, which is probably half an hour or so from Gloucester) is excellent. Bus stop close by, the Tarrington Arms (which is a Britstops pub I believe where you can stay for free) a fairly short walk and a great fishing lake on site. Super Duper!

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Tewksbury caravan club went earlier in the year good bus route into Gloucester lots of pubs and good town

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Tewksbury caravan club went earlier in the year good bus route into Gloucester lots of pubs and good town
Just don't eat at the Indian restaurant over the road from the entrance. I'm sure they forget to put any spices in at all when they are cooking (boiled meat in tasteless watery sauce anyone?)..........
Tewkesbury is a super town with lovely old pubs and buildings, and the site is only a stones throw from the centre. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier as I live there! Not sure if they do tents though? Best to check.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Bath Marina - 20 mins cycle into bath centre or park and ride across the road . Bath has the best retail opportunities around and plenty of watering holes! Pubs 5 minutes walk away or 15/20 minute cycle on the tow path. Again maybe too close

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back