Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Frontline has some of the ingredients that used to be in sheep dip, the sort that had awful effects on farmers and shepherds who were in regular contact with it..............some of the constituents of the formulation of Frontline also helped Sadaam deal with the unruly population of a little town called Halabja. (the constituents provided by a German Company.......... allegedly of course).
@big bertha Re: the Rolo shall I chew it for you first then?:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Frontline has some of the ingredients that used to be in sheep dip, the sort that had awful effects on farmers and shepherds who were in regular contact with it..............some of the constituents of the formulation of Frontline also helped Sadaam deal with the unruly population of a little town called Halabja. (the constituents provided by a German Company.......... allegedly of course).
Re the Rolo shall I chew it for you first then?:D

Thanks Bertie for that info, Re your last Rolo, I've a loose bridge so that would be most helpful.:LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks Allan and Loren, hope that is the case but poor Heather tore her cruciate ligament a few weeks ago, she is nearly 13 but they do love each other, Tammy licks her and when she stops Heather nudges her. I've psyched myself to losing them both soon.
So had I . Unfortunately it is just as difficult if not worse.So I will keep my fingers crossed that it was just a one off & that she carries on for a long while.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Tammy like her old self today, mouching for food, barking at dogs whilst out a walk or at anyone passing fence. We are away in motorhome for a couple of days but near enough home if we're worried. Thanks everyone for your concern, much appreciated. Great lot on here.:)(y)

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Relieved that she seems lively and back to normal(y) but still worried that she will have others.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Great news b b! Cross each bridge...she seems to be a resilient little Lady, and thanks for keeping us updated. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad she seems back to normal. I wonder if she picked something up and ate it?

Anyway I really hope that it was a "one off" and never happens again.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks PD, I also wondered if she had picked up something but we are careful and she was on lead that day. She has a liking for chewing gum which I know is bad for dogs but anything white stuck on pavement and she wants it or maybe she licked frontline of Heather but that was applied a fortnight ago. We are keeping fingers crossed that it's nothing serious such as brain tumour.

Deleted User
We used Bravecto last year and no side effects with our 3 and youngest has fits due to epilepsy. It's no good abroad as doesn't cover mosquitos or sandflies, but for Uk much easier. We will continue to use it when in Uk. Glad to hear she is getting better, fits are awful to watch ours as them every few weeks, but the vet assured us they are not aware of anything during the actual fit.

Lin

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Tammy has been fine but had her second fit last night, 15 days since first one but also had a third this morning. She seems fine now and wanted her walk and my lunch, will take her to vets tomorrow and see if pills are the way to go.

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Sandra, like to get things sorted one way or the other as we go away first week in June to Spain by plane and she will be looked after by my sis. Tammy used to be her dog, she was bred from and shown but I've had her from 5 and she is nearly 14 now.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Aww, so sorry to read that she has had two more fits. I really hope the vet can offer her something x

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Lisa, border terriers seem to have a higher percentage of neurological problems according to information on net. Hopefully pills will keep at bay for the time she has left.

Deleted User
Sorry to hear this, hopefully they can locate a cause or trigger and prescribe something.
Our Boston has started having hers more often, used to go about 5 weeks, but only a two week gap for last two episodes. We will have to look at changing her meds if it continues. Ps if any mention is made of taking Pexion a newish drug don't try it before reading up fully on the internet, it made Boston worse and after doing research I found out it should never have been prescribed.

Lin

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that advice Lin. I've been doing a fair amount of reading on internet, general consensus is that sudden onset of seizures in an elderly dog caused by tumours, hypoglycemia or toxins. Going to start feeding her small amounts often during the day, be careful with the air fresheners and febreze and of course vets advice.

Deleted User
Is she ok when she comes out of the fit? The worst part with Boston is afterwards she is hysterical, which is unusual, she gets hyper and barks, which causes her to keep fitting. We now give her Diazepam after the first fit and keep her on a low dose for 24hrs after and this seems to work she now only ever has the one fit instead if upto 8.
If yours is ok afterwards, many are just a bit dazed, and disorientated, as long as you can cope with the actual fit itself I hope she is ok. We are considering taking Boston off her medication Epiphen, ( an older type drug, which can cause liver damage with prolonged use) it doesn't seem to have much affect and just cope with each fit and continue with diazepam. Please keep us updated about what the vet says X

Lin

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Going to vet this afternoon, no fits in the last 24 hours, she is fine after the fit just a bit bambi on ice and disorientated. If it is a tumour no other expected signs yet. I will give her milk thistle for her liver if vet thinks pills are the way to go. Thanks for sharing your experiences.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back