Strikeback Alarm ... but where is the control box ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
@eddievanbitz

As title..

van came with a Vanbitz Strikeback.. all works as it should, no probs, I have the instructions and even Eddie's signature on the certificate.. (think he was only an apprentice when it was installed.. :LOL:)

but where is it.. all I can find is the back siren under the bonnet with a key switch to disarm.. .. is that all there is, no 'black magic box' ?

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Every Vanbitz alarm fitting record is held by Vanbitz, as I understand it as long as you are the registered owner Vanbits can tell you where the control box was fitted on your vehicle, I think that each install can be different so as to confound Mr Crook!
I have found Vanbitz to be very helpful & would be surprised if a charge was made, but I could be wrong.
My advice ask Eddie:call:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi, We do make a £20 charge. Not to tell you where the box is lol but to transfer the ownership of the vehicle.

In essence, our original customer owns our loyalty and we simply wont discuss our customers security regime with anyone, despite how stroppy or aggressive they get lol

So we ask to see a copy of the V5 Vehicle registration document, which we take as proof that the new owner(s) are the legal user of the motorhome. We duplicate the original paper records (order and workshop report pre and prior to installation), in the new owners name, and we amend and duplicate the electronic files to allow us to access the information should the new owner need additional information. We have to duplicate, otherwise two days after we have amended the notes our customer comes along and says "I want exactly what we had last time":doh:

Once transferred we happily re-issue insurance documentation and send new instruction booklets, and offer telephone assistance

All for £20

Good value init lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back