Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We think we have cleared out enough rubbish in the van to free some payload for a windout awning!(y)

We have not had one for 5 years and sort of thought they were a waste of time for us. However, opinions change and we might buy one! We had a Fiamma on our previous van and it worked, but the Omnistors seem to have a more 'modern' design.

The only question is Fiamma or Omnistor?

Have you lot got any opinions on which is best?:)

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We won't ever have the need for sidewalls, BTW.
We don't need extra room, just somewhere out of the rain or sun on an otherwise warm day!

We need a 4.5m model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The ability to obtain spare parts when abroad is important too. I would discount anything other than Fiamma or Omnistor for that reason alone.

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
We had a new 3.5M fiamma privacy room fitted last year, withe clip system instead of the zip awning-to-sidewall fixing we had previously, very easy to erect and wouldn't be without it. Wet dogs and clothes, muddy boots and empty bottle bins (large) all catered for. And plenty of room to sit around a table with friends for post-prandial refreshments and card/board games.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We've had both on different vans, can't say I've noticed one being better than the other. So I'd choose on what profile looks better on your van and the colour of the awning.

We've got an a nice grey one at 5 + metres long on the Hymer, looks great til we unroll it....its a bright vivid blue...makes me want to sell ice creams from the window!

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I bought of eBay an Omnistor, had it fitted to roof of van but did not like it so changed for a side fitting Fiamma instead. Now have the Omnistor fitted on the sun lounge on the house. Use both frequently, sitting here at home feels like sitting in the awning on the van, and visa versa!!!! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back