Brand new at it and missing something obvious (1 Viewer)

JOHNNY BOY

Free Member
Apr 20, 2015
BURY
Funster No
MH
AUTOQUEST 100
Exp
I AM A NEWBIE
Bought an Autoquest 100 (55 reg) 2 weeks ago and took it out to play over the weekend. Really happy with everything apart from not being able to drain the grey water tank . I've read all the bumf which tells me the drain valve is near the rear door. I must be missing something blindingly obvious because I can't see it . Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Just look for a grey corrugated hose running to a clipped valve tap slightly to one side of the rear door. It should be obvious (running from the grey water tank)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
My present one is a pull lever in the garage...

A Hobby I had there was a little round hole by the step on the inside..... you could open it without going outside... (Handy for emptying while on the move.. :wink:)..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
welcome from me as as well, beware it is 10 years old, plenty of time to have been modified from the manual

our valve in garage snapped its cable, we now have a hand valve under MH

as suggested look underneath, have you got a toilet cassette?? if not and you have a black tank be more careful both will look very similar from underneath, contents will be more conclusive (y)

hopefully it will be blindingly obvious when you do find it

edit - you could always contact previous owner or dealer

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Welcome, you are jumping straight into things aren't you starting a grey waste 'discussion' :) someone will have the answer & welcome to fun

Rooky Vanner

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Welcome, I am new myself and got no end of help with our teathing problems. Great forum this, someone knows everything...
Follow the grey corrugated pipe from the waste tank, bound to be a tap on the end.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi. I have a 2012 Autoquest 100. The waste water drain on mine is to the right of the rear door...

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Welcome, I am new myself and got no end of help with our teathing problems. Great forum this, someone knows everything...
Follow the grey corrugated pipe from the waste tank, bound to be a tap on the end.
Hi, If there isn't don't tell anyone :tmi:

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley: Get on hands and knees job. as said before.

OP
OP
J

JOHNNY BOY

Free Member
Apr 20, 2015
BURY
Funster No
MH
AUTOQUEST 100
Exp
I AM A NEWBIE
The reason that I couldn't find the valve/tap is that it isn't there . Water goes down plug hole , water hits floor and doesn't bother hanging around in the waste water tank. Thanks for the welcome and all the help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back