Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
stafforshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2013
I'm thinking of getting a TDi tuning box for my Fiat based motorhome. It's a 2.3 dt multijet 150 bhp, I just wondered if any of you guys had got one fitted to the same engine, if so had you had any trouble and do they really make a difference to the power output and what sort of mpg gains could I expect in reality as tdi tuning quote 4 to 6 mpg.
Thanks !!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Many conflicting reports.

Google it and see what that throws up.

Plug in tuning boxes only increase the injector rail pressure....nothing else is altered.

All that will do is inject a little more fuel in the same injector "open" time....doesnt mean it will run any different but maybe a little smoke from unburnt fuel.

A proper re-map alters injector timing, increased raIl pressure and injecting period among other parameters.

One member here had the whole shebang reverted back to standard map after having a remap by (from memory) WOW tuning and got worse results, power and economy, than before the remap.

Folks who say they got an extra 6 or 7 mpg and loads more power are fooling themselves

Have a r3ad of forestboys experiences

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/search/7761402/?page=2&q=remap&o=relevance&c[user][0]=46

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crutch

Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
stafforshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2013
Thanks for that, I'll take a look at that in my break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back