Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We've just had our first ever trip in our rv but had some issues with the lpg that I'm hoping someone could shed some light onto.............
There are filling points both sides for 2 different tanks (this is for the engine). I managed to fill up one side and the habitation lpg tank no problem.
Turned the rig around and tried to fill up the other and it went in so slowly, filling only like 1p a second. I'd still have beeen there now if I'd carried on!!

The forecourt manager tried as well, but he couldn't get it to work either.

Another question was with the little led lights in the cab.......its a brc system and the full tank showed 4 lights, but once it had got to pressure the four lights started flashing???

The led for the empty tank has the red light to show its not in use but then flashes two green lights and the red changes and flashes amber. Then it goes back to red.

Any ideas????

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I think it's unusual to have a filler on each side for each tank ???usually filler on both sides for convenience and either will fill both tanks????
Nigel

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I think it's unusual to have a filler on each side for each tank ???usually filler on both sides for convenience and either will fill both tanks????
Nigel

Yeah could be. Would make sense as to why it wouldn't fill. Only thing is the led in the cab. One display showing full the other empty, but with the unusual flashing of leds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have two fillers either side. These are one filler per tank with a choice of using either side for convenience at the pumps.
You only need to fill from one side or the other , once filled from one side the tanks are full and will take no more.
There is a balancing valve between the tanks to feed the engine so the tanks empty equally.

The led level indicators cannot be relied upon.
When filling tanks work out from the total the tanks contain how many gallons and based on around 8mpg reset your mileometer trip and you will know from that how many miles to next fill up.

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I have two fillers either side. These are one filler per tank with a choice of using either side for convenience at the pumps.
You only need to fill from one side or the other , once filled from one side the tanks are full and will take no more.
There is a balancing valve between the tanks to feed the engine so the tanks empty equally.

Ive only got one filler on each side.....yours sounds much better :)
Do you kmow anything about the little led display disc things on the dash?
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back