C & CC club.. should we rejoin ? (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have been in CCC. The CC and MCC for the last 10 years find the temporary holiday sites of CCC sites good value and their CL's Also find the MCC good value but we have cancelled the CC found no pleasure in being a member.

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
That's kind of my question though, where do you find such places, I take it most don't just park in lay-bys and pub carparks so is there a list of suitable places or do you just chance your arm?

:active: Internet, Tourist Information, National Parks info, Eng. Scot. Wales tourist boards, regional tourist organisations, AA, Shows.:restmycase:

If you do some basic research on any area that you fancy visiting you will find a variety of likely sites.

.....And yet, with all the forward planning in the world, the most memorable places are the ones you find when you've had enough driving and you just say, ' the next one along here will do!' :party3:

( it might be memorable for the wrong reasons :Eeek: but it will be memorable!)

Good luck 'n have fun.

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
We also are thinking of leaving the C&CC, we joined around 4 years ago when we toured Scotland for a month, they have more sites there, we didn't use any as we used CC club sites and wild camped as you can in Scotland, we also insure our m/h with them as it is cheaper than CC&C, we also cancelled the AA & joined green flag cheaper + got 2 free sight vouchers worth £40
we also use the CC credit card for all purchases and get over 7 site vouchers a year worth another £240 so we will be staying with the CC, we love the Cls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
We also are thinking of leaving the C&CC, we joined around 4 years ago when we toured Scotland for a month, they have more sites there, we didn't use any as we used CC club sites and wild camped as you can in Scotland, we also insure our m/h with them as it is cheaper than CC&C, we also cancelled the AA & joined green flag cheaper + got 2 free sight vouchers worth £40
we also use the CC credit card for all purchases and get over 7 site vouchers a year worth another £240 so we will be staying with the CC, we love the Cls

Pleased you've had good experiences of the club/s.

That's put me in my place then, sob! :getmecoat: !

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
That's kind of my question though, where do you find such places, I take it most don't just park in lay-bys and pub carparks so is there a list of suitable places or do you just chance your arm?

I generally just do a search on ukcampsite and then look at the reviews. If there is something that looks okay I click on the link to the camp website to check out the prices - that is why the C&CC is no good for me as its just too difficult to be bothered to work out the prices when you are travelling all the time.

The only C&CC I did stay at was the one by Ullswater, which is apparently a flagship site of theirs. I found it very cramped and they had planted lots of little trees which made it difficult for me to get round the site, plus spoilt the view of the lake. The gardens were immaculately maintained with pretty flowers, but it was a bit 'suburban' for the wilds of Scotland to my taste

I hadn't booked in as it was early in the year and they gave me the impression that I was too large and they would have to turn me away - which would have suited me down to the ground as there was a lovely big flat layby right opposite with a fabulous view of the lake, but when I looked as though I was happy to be turned down they squeezed me in - literally. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We have been in CCC. The CC and MCC for the last 10 years find the temporary holiday sites of CCC sites good value and their CL's Also find the MCC good value but we have cancelled the CC found no pleasure in being a member.
That's exactly the same situation we are in Carol, although we did allow our MCC membership to lapse, but since rejoined.
Our C&CC cards arrived today which we shall use for CSs and THS. The direct debit for the CC has already been cancelled, although they don't yet know that. The MCC is completely geared around MHs, as is the MCS of the C&CC.

So for us John, it's the CC that is getting the heave ho.

I think it is fair to say that Rita and I get more out of FUN, than we have ever done from being members of the three commercial clubs..............sorry, businesses.

Cheers,

Jock.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I generally just do a search on ukcampsite and then look at the reviews. If there is something that looks okay I click on the link to the camp website to check out the prices - that is why the C&CC is no good for me as its just too difficult to be bothered to work out the prices when you are travelling all the time.

The only C&CC I did stay at was the one by Ullswater, which is apparently a flagship site of theirs. I found it very cramped and they had planted lots of little trees which made it difficult for me to get round the site, plus spoilt the view of the lake. The gardens were immaculately maintained with pretty flowers, but it was a bit 'suburban' for the wilds of Scotland to my taste

I hadn't booked in as it was early in the year and they gave me the impression that I was too large and they would have to turn me away - which would have suited me down to the ground as there was a lovely big flat layby right opposite with a fabulous view of the lake, but when I looked as though I was happy to be turned down they squeezed me in - literally. :)

I think if I was driving a MH the size of yours I'd plan everything :D

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year

Ullswater!? - Scotland!??! I thought the b*gg*rs wanted independence not invasion!

(Nothing against the b*gg*rs obviously, fine body of men (in skirts))

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I think if I was driving a MH the size of yours I'd plan everything :D

Naaaa- that's half the fun :)

Though I was googling Conor Pass in County Kerry ? But I am assured that I have got no chance with Thebus - anyone been over it?

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Ullswater!? - Scotland!??! I thought the b*gg*rs wanted independence not invasion!

What am I like :oops: - I knew it began with an U... Ullapool of course ..... doooohhhhh! Told you I have no sense of direction or knowledge of geography.

I must have been one of the few people who when Argentina invaded The Falkland Islands wondered what the H..L they were doing off the coast of Scotland !!!!:LOL::oops::LOL::oops:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014

Now if you are talking Men in Skirts......

P4040042.jpg

Bacup Britannia Coconut Dancers

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we have cancelled the CC. but we stay I n the CCC. we get our m/home breakdown service cheaper through the rac... and we like the cheap hols with the disc rets at the main hol sites.

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
What am I like :oops: - I knew it began with an U... Ullapool of course ..... doooohhhhh! Told you I have no sense of direction or knowledge of geography.

I must have been one of the few people who when Argentina invaded The Falkland Islands wondered what the H..L they were doing off the coast of Scotland !!!!:LOL::oops::LOL::oops:

Buy a SATNAV LOL

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We cancelled CC stayed with the C&CC as we often go to the New Forest although discounts not as good as they used to be.
Changed our C&CC membership to "on-line" saves a fiver a year & don't have to waste time throwing their mag in the blue bin. Also this year qualify for ½ price membership.
Their RAC breakdown cover is too expensive for us, when Fiat cover runs out Comfort's is only £58 and it is the same RAC cover.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have no problems with the c&cc and intend to remain members. Their sites are good on the whole with some excellent ones (Teversal.,Polstead etc).. We enjoy the THS sites and because our daughter is disabled she gets free membership.. Which is excellent.
Their pricing structure went a bit daft last year but it seems to be sorting itself out now.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
How do the CCC advertise the available THS sites? In the paper magazine, online or both?

If you go for the online only membership option, is the magazine content available electronically via their website (the Mrs used to read them)?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
How do the CCC advertise the available THS sites? In the paper magazine, online or both?

If you go for the online only membership option, is the magazine content available electronically via their website (the Mrs used to read them)?
Yep all on the site.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have an update on the ferry situation
A really nice lady*** rang me late this afternoon to discuss the matter.

We chatted for some time and matters were put in to motion very quickly ( or so it seems !! )
The chunnel booking is now cheaper ( but still only about 5% and not the 10% advertised )

BUT !!
The P & O situation seems to have got worse..
The parameters I set were

8 mtr long van, 2.9 mtrs high, leaving on Sept 1st and returning on Sept 28th
Cut a long story short, the CCC price was 16% HIGHER than the standard P & O cost

Each time I chose the cheapest time to travel as listed on the P & O site and then duplicated that on the CCC site

If you take off 10% from the standard cost it meant the actual cost over and above what it should have been via CCC was in fact over 20%
dearer !!

Sooo.. I do believe that CCC are pretty miffed about all this.. From what I can gather their seems to be a constant, almost daily battle with P & O and the Chunnel to get prices right

I am now somewhat in the loop and being used as a consumer tester, reporting the above and other anomalies to CCC as and when they occur :D..

What a difference in personnel betwixt the CCC and CC.
All I ever had from CC was snide remarks and cockiness .. All I have ever had from CCC is kindness, patience and the real feeling they do actually care and do want to help

In fact the last couple of days have been such a pleasant experience I am rethinking leaving them and may well stay on board..

I shall be carrying on a conversation with the reps at the show this weekend and I also want to be shown the 'quick' way to find CL's in the book .. I KEEP getting baffled !!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

my mother in-law lived in leven fife and though the Falkland was the Falkland hills where the war was
so you weren't alone yet agane the furthest she had been in her 80 years was burntisland
bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
dose the breakdown service with the ccc cover older vans for Europe
bill

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're still in both, despite the fact that the occasional CC warden gets my back up with the slavish sticking to rules. ("you must park with your left buttock exactly up to the white post" even though we have no intention of putting up an awning and have no tow car and the pitch is enormous)
The reason we're still with both is a) C&CC have excellent over 60s reductions and b) One of our favourite sites (Melrose) is a CC club site and there is no other site within miles of it.
I had an issue with a booking with the CC just recently and sent an email to ask for clarification. I got a polite and helpful phone call within two hours and it was resolved.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Wet just left the cc&c club and rejoined the cc club. Terry who researches these things says so. He's the one who pores over where we go next.
I'll go anywhere, I'm not fussed.
We'd left the cc last year and joined the cc&c For the THS .
He says the cc&c are now more expensive than the cc club and that there are more cl's than cs's.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Absolutely NO chance.. Dislike intensely just about every aspect of the set up..
it seems to be run by money grabbing obnoxious people who delight in employing people not suited for the job.. Folk with the people skills of a really angry baboon in many cases !!!!

You might want to reconsider your thoughts on the CC Club, yes a lot of the wardens could only look at their guests through the rule book but we believe that things have changed over the last few years.

As for the C & CC club the only reason we have kept our membership is that we like to go to a certain area and they have a club site close to or in that place.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You might want to reconsider your thoughts on the CC Club, yes a lot of the wardens could only look at their guests through the rule book but we believe that things have changed over the last few years.

As for the C & CC club the only reason we have kept our membership is that we like to go to a certain area and they have a club site close to or in that place.

I have looked a few times mate.. And spoken to the head office a few times.. The arrogance of the people still leaves me virtually speechless
I am sure the CC has some good points.. but they just seem to rub Woman and I up the wrong way every single time we have anything to do with them

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
My Nice is the community manager of the CC , but it won't get me to rejoin, she is a lovely person, but the club's (I use the term loosely) stuck up attitude is too much for me.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We are in both cc and cc&c, although we have reservations about them both. cc&c has got really expensive despite the over 60 discount (which is less than it used to be). We paid £75 for 3 nights recently. (compare this to £165 for 20 nights a few weeks ago in spain). And I hate the regimentation in the cc .

So why are we still members?

Well, my house insurance is with the cc&c, and not only is it competitively priced, it gives us 180days away. All others were 30 or 60, not enough. This alone would make it worth being a member.

And the cc has more sites and despite the regimentation they are generally very good sites!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back