Lewis/Harris/North Uist/South Uist/Barra (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would suggest you go no further than the harbour, the roads are virtually all single track out of Stornoway, probably not a good idea to take them on in the dark, although in May it will still be virtually light at the end of May

Have fun :) and do keep us updated and even more jealous (y)

edit - when we were last on Lewis there was a site just north of Stornoway (something Sands) that was really grim, felt like an abandoned council yard, no sand no access to beach, I would stay on the harbour night 1, then off you go. We found more sites on Harris and the Uists, but more wild options on Lewis

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
The carpark right by the harbour seemed fine to spend a night or even two at. I was there with a broken wing mirror and there were lots of cars that never moved so I would imagine its reasonably relaxed and certainly overnight wouldn't be a problem - certainly would have been fine spring 2014 :)

OP
OP
Polly Put The Kettle On
Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

Just to let you know we (2 MotorHomes) have booked to sail on the 8th May going from Uig (Skye) to Stornaway (3hours)
The Ullopool ferry to stornaway is not sailing at that time due to harbour update
We have not booked any more yet as we are going to see when there
So we are starting up to the top and then travel to the bottom Barra if we have time but no rush

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaime

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
The midges got in Phoebe's ears until I gave them a spray with Skin so Soft.

I've used diluted Skin so Soft decanted into a windowlene-type spray bottle (washed out of course) as a fly repellent on horses for over twenty years. There is nothing on the market to touch it. Gives the coat a lovely sheen as well and they smell lovely!!

OP
OP
Polly Put The Kettle On
Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

Won't be long now
Going to the Beer and sausage festival at Whiitingham for May Day bank hols then 2 nights at an haven hol site at Ayr (£16) for the two nights great offer then onto around fort william for a night possible wilding then Uig for the ferry on Friday overnight at habour hopefully then stock up at Tesco then onwards and upwards
Brill
Also packed clothes for all seasons

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Horgabost campsite on Harris - saw the most incredible sunsets over the huge white sand beach. It was like a scene from Close Encounters - everyone getting out of their tents and motorhomes and walking to the beach looking up at the sky. One tip - empty your toilet cassette whenever you can (e.g. at ferry ports) as some of the campsites don't have a CDP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back