Morocco 2015 (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Just arrived in Chefchaouen. 35.17518 -5.26623. Clear blue skies, weather scorchio (y) 44c "just like the old days" Nice scenic drive.
IMG_3286.JPG

Will stop here a few days and top up on the rays:cool: before heading up to Martil way? and over.
IMG_3284.JPG

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Excellent write up and pictures really enjoyed following you all,

safe journeys see you around,

Alan + Diane,

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Back home now in ESTEPONA, Spain . It was quite an eventful trip with some ups and downs. Mind you , what you see is what you get in Morocco. It was our fourth visit and won't be our last . All of you, who are still on the road , keep safe. Just opened an ice cold Bud and about to fill one those loungers !
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Team Bus-Puss now at Moulay Bousellham after a foggy ride up from Kenitra. Arrived here at midday and it was glorious, but now the sea fret seems to closing in again. Hoping to make it to the Spanish Motorhomers rally for Easter. Inshallah.

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Just a bit of information for those wanting to buy a SIM card for a iPad mini in Morocco. I tried in Marjane Meknes Maroc telecom and they looked at me as if I was from another planet. At Marjane Agadir I went to Maroc Telecom and they were packed out so I went next door to Meditel. They were so helpful . they fitted the card and activated it and waited while I confirmed everything was working. I paid 80 dirhams for a week with a 1 gb per day limit. It worked perfectly and I used my iPad as a hot spot for my wife's ipad. I will definitely use them again.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Team Bus-Puss now at Moulay Bousellham after a foggy ride up from Kenitra. Arrived here at midday and it was glorious, but now the sea fret seems to closing in again. Hoping to make it to the Spanish Motorhomers rally for Easter. Inshallah.

Not many left here now Ken.. Weather is scorchio over here in Chefchaouen. Going to stop a few more days then head up, We still planning to leave on the 6th. A few days outside Gib to stock up, Then going West.
Regards to Team Bus-Puss
Horshamjack & Crew ;)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Aha leaving the country a couple of days before your team plays mine with the lame excuse that your visa's will expire:rolleyes: running scared if you ask me;)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Aha leaving the country a couple of days before your team plays mine with the lame excuse that your visa's will expire:rolleyes: running scared if you ask me;)

I just hope that font of football knowledge Lawro tips your lot to win, the Muppet is always wrong Swans would have 11pts now according to him.. We'll have a pint on it(y)
Catch up on the road Dave you can by it then:cool:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are parked up at le linea outside the bar Pena Balona ( if your on maps.me )
N 36.158497 E 5. 339537 , it is outside the football stadium with a sea view , 3e a night

We went to Gibraltar today , got a sight seeing trip around the Rock , absolutely excellent then around a couple of bars and a Sunday lunch , also a bit of duty free ....

went into the caves , visited the monkey feeding station , walked through the great siege tunnels and all over the rock ,
must say ... we are impressed with Gibraltar .

we came back to the parking about 6 pm and then walked the 150 mt to the beach for a swim ,
we going back into Gib tomorrow for some more walkabout ,

i spoke with an English couple parked here tonight in their 40 s just back from Morocco they had 8 weeks there and hated it , and will never go back .......
Dirty , Dead animals everywhere , Moulay Bousellam dirty and horrible , got hassled everywhere hated Marakech ,Essaouria the list was endless , i just said .... Welcome to Morocco ,:coolest:
when you look at your photos and reflect on your time there i hope you will see Morocco in a different light .:smiley:

They were astonished that we had been there 3 times and cannot wait to get back . :devil:

BUT THEY ARE NOT FUNSTERS :devil: :coolest: ARE THEY ......:Eeek: .

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Dirty , Dead animals everywhere , Moulay Bousellam dirty and horrible , got hassled everywhere hated Marakech ,Essaouria the list was endless , i just said .... Welcome to Morocco ,:coolest:
when you look at your photos and reflect on your time there i hope you will see Morocco in a different light .:smiley:

They were astonished that we had been there 3 times and cannot wait to get back . :devil:

BUT THEY ARE NOT FUNSTERS :devil: :coolest: ARE THEY ......:Eeek: .

We're gutted coz we only got 7 days left
Only dead animals I saw was in butchers,,
Our first stop Will be in Gib to sample some ale and to get some duty free, safe onward journey both

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Still following the river on the Spanish Portuguise boarder. Yesterday we stayed at a place that was having a fish festival. Fantastic day, local river fish and local wine plus free entertainment and free stopover too. Got wrecked on good portuguise wine.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well after another misty day at Moulay Bousselham team Bus-Pus had a meeting and decided we'd take our chances in Spain so here we are parked up for the night a short drive from the port for the ferry in the morning.
image.jpg

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its wild Kath but there is a Police Checkpoint just in front of us by the little harbour of Ksar el Seghir. It is courteous to just let them know you are spending the night here, which we did. We were asked if we'd like to share their Tagine which was simmering away in the kitchen. We politely declined and instead we ate chicken schwarma at a small restaurant just up the hill, followed by tiramasu (minus the alcholic bit) which was all very nice. Watneys Pigging Red tomorrow in Gib.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its been a tad short of 3 months and we've enjoyed every minute of Maroc.
Will poodle back up through Spain and France nice and steady.
Hope to be back next year - Inshallah.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Safe journey Ken, Lynda and Dave. Great to meet you good people. Same time same place next year(y)
Had a drink in the hotel bar yesterday on the veranda overlooking the city"flag 23dir bottle" weather still clear blue skies and hot so stopping a few more days.
image.jpg

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are on the quayside awaiting the arrival of the ship. Its glorious hot sunshine at Tanger Med. We are heading for La Linea de la Conception. Hoping to do Gibraltar as foot passengers and take advantage of their very favourable duty free prices.

Have enjoyed our time Maroc and all the great folks we've met along the way (plus one or two not so great) and we hope to be back next year.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Now that I'm back in Spain I'd just like to thank everyone who has made this part of my journey so memberable, from the work TerryL put in to the people I've met and travelled with also the people following this great thread back home, there's also a great couple I'd like to thank for letting me travel with them for a great part of this journey Ken & Lynda (Canopus) oop's nearly forgot Jess
Thanks,
Dave
aka Mr Moustache

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Great pic. Must feel great after the last few days through the snow. Cheers !! Salud !

Weather here is hotter than anywhere we have been in Morocco. I see the weather is also good in Southern Spain and the Algarve, Just in time for when we leave:cry: Monday.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Well today a few French pulled in, There is plenty of space, about 40m between me and the next van but your man decides to reverse wheels on my carpet and nearly run over Sam sitting in her chair outside!!! I point to the open expanse and he shrugs his shoulders? In my best Welsh I tell him where to go. :mad: it's obviously universal.
and he moves a few metres further along. (n)
But in the same breath the French couple opposite us who have been here a few days asks me to sort out his portable Satellite dish, the instructions are in English, and they were ever so grateful, (y) I'm by no means anti as I was helped by some good French people when my tyre blew down Tan Tan way in the middle of nowhere.
It takes al sorts,

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
On a whistle stop tour of Morocco over Easter school hols. Now at Kanz Erremal at Merzouga. Fantastic location.

Not seen another UK van since we arrived. Is anyone still here?

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Been back less than a week and we are already planning our next trip for the whole of June. This time to Italy. As we live in Spain ,we are getting the ferry from Barcelona to Civitavecchia and then plan to venture northwards rather towards the bottom end. Any suggestions would be helpful. We've been to Corsica and Sardinia with the m/h but not to mainland ITALY.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Now that I'm back in Spain I'd just like to thank everyone who has made this part of my journey so memberable, from the work TerryL put in to the people I've met and travelled with also the people following this great thread back home, there's also a great couple I'd like to thank for letting me travel with them for a great part of this journey Ken & Lynda (Canopus) oop's nearly forgot Jess
Thanks,
Dave
aka Mr Moustache

Dave
Its been our pleasure having you as a travelling companion and the both of us managing to evade the dodgy weather and dodgy folk up and down Maroc. Now at La Linea and parting company tomorrow we are feeling melancholy. Will be heading off up the road north towards Seville tomorrow and hope to see you again either at Thetford or North Muskham in May. Enjoy Portugal and don't pig out too much on the pork. Asta la vista. Nos ponemos en camino matey.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Been back less than a week and we are already planning our next trip for the whole of June. This time to Italy. As we live in Spain ,we are getting the ferry from Barcelona to Civitavecchia and then plan to venture northwards rather towards the bottom end. Any suggestions would be helpful. We've been to Corsica and Sardinia with the m/h but not to mainland ITALY.

Hi Paul & Sue
Probably best to start a new thread, it will get more traffic I would Imagine, we'll also be interested to hear peoples suggestions as we are planning Northern Italy on our way back home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back