Aldi 19" led tv reviews (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Anybody bought the 19"caravan led tv's from Aldi , ready to give a review yet.
I'd like to know what sort of power they eat, dimensions, picture and sound quality etc.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Been using it indoors since Thursday on a indoor aerial so not getting the fullest from it re the reception, although I am only missing a few channels.
The dvd quality is very good, and playing back a full hd camcorder is superb quality
The sound is more than adequate, but lower in dvd mode.
Viewing angle is not fantastic but on a swivel mount it doesn't matter.
The usb port works well with recording etc, and is a godsend for viewing straight from a camera or alike.
Power wise it is less than the lcd avtex so not bad.
I am so far very pleased with it.
Hope that helps (y)
Fogot to add, it is 44cm x 30cm and about 6cm at its deepest.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for that, sound good for the price, does the paper work state power wattage used?
Also where does the wires plug in- side or bottom- no pictures of the set show this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Fired mine up today and initial set up and tuning in to terrestial digital tv was very easy. Handset was responsive and easy to navigate with. I am still working on the optimum settings for the picture but potentially very good. Noticed the previous comment on viewing angle and agree. I didn't have long to play with it as I was on returning journey from MOT (clean bill of health) to her storage shed and was chased indoors by another wild squall of snow and hail, hello Summer ? I am looking forward to tuning in Freesat with the HD channels which reminds me I need an HD lead. One grouse, the stuck on energy compliant label, rated B, a lot of adhesive was left on the frame and screen. White spirit removed it easily enough.
The power rating I think is 22watt. Don't know if that is good bad or indifferent. :)

Most cables attach at the back about 1/3 way up( step that is then flush with the dvd player), and also same down one side but again not on the edge so all cables can be concealed behind the set.

Last edited:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies

Yes I would have got a Finlux but they have stopped doing the 19". On measuring up the 22 was just a tad intrusive, it is only for Mrs MB's blooming Eastenders and the like, while I am playing golf or fishing :whistle::whistle:

PS. Och I see Finlux are doing the 19" again, never mind the Aldi one seems fine.

Last edited:

Bifty

Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Kendal
Funster No
MH
Elddis 140 Autoquest
Exp
I'm a newbie!!!
Ours has a couple of dead pixels in the centre of the screen. Waiting 60 days from purchase then contacting makers to get replacement or repair.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ours has a couple of dead pixels in the centre of the screen. Waiting 60 days from purchase then contacting makers to get replacement or repair.
That's not good, due to others saying how good the Finlux tv's are I'm going to give a 22" Finlux ago, as it should work in the space I've got.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Fired it up again using my Manhattan Freesat box and very pleased with it. I have also changed my LNB on my sattelite dish to a .1db jobby and it seems very sensitive actually a job to get rid of the squeal on my tuning aid. Can your Lnb be too sensitive ?
I haven't tried playing a dvd or playing a movie off my removable hard drive but I am confident it will be ok.
19 " is just grand for our van, U shaped lounge. I think 22 would be OTT. for the proximity of our viewing position. We have a new 22 Samsung in the kitchen and It would not be an improvement. It also has issues with viewing angles.

Isn't there a serious shortage of watchable movies to record for a rainy day ?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Fired mine up today and initial set up and tuning in to terrestial digital tv was very easy. Handset was responsive and easy to navigate with. I am still working on the optimum settings for the picture but potentially very good. Noticed the previous comment on viewing angle and agree. I didn't have long to play with it as I was on returning journey from MOT (clean bill of health) to her storage shed and was chased indoors by another wild squall of snow and hail, hello Summer ? I am looking forward to tuning in Freesat with the HD channels which reminds me I need an HD lead. One grouse, the stuck on energy compliant label, rated B, a lot of adhesive was left on the frame and screen. White spirit removed it easily enough.
The power rating I think is 22watt. Don't know if that is good bad or indifferent. :)

Most cables attach at the back about 1/3 way up( step that is then flush with the dvd player), and also same down one side but again not on the edge so all cables can be concealed behind the set.

yep about the same for me
f.....ing sticky labels do my crust:mad::)

but works well and very happy for £99
so much smaller/lighter than the avtex it replaced

10/10 for aldi,
taped the guarantee to the back of it, as I won't be able to find it in 2 years and 11 months [3 yr warrantee]

neil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back