Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Hi all, I have posted before now about leisure batteries, so now it is time to introduce my self propoerly.

My site name is Flook, though real name is Dave, I find there are too many Dave's around, so if the name of Flook is called then no one else says YES.

I have an Elddis Autoquest 175 Prestige SE, I purchased this very nice motor home (MH) from Prestatyn North Wales from Vehicle for Leisure (V4L), which is a small family run business. I happened to see it online non registered at a discounted cost, so her indoors and I went to North Wales last December to check it out. It was ideal for us, the very long side bench seats which sits four each side was ideal, we could pull them out enough to leave a gap so when the loo was needed one would not disturb the other. The wash room which includes a corner shower, loo, sink and large wardrobe is ideally placed at the rear. Anyway, we picked up the MH in early January, the 4th to be precise. We had booked train tickets a week before and cost a princely sum of £35 for two of us, huh a bit cheaper than 150 notes each with out pre book, and took us less time to get there as well:)

So what got me interested in Mh's, well, her indoors and I visited her sister when they visited St Neots site, about 20 mins away from us last summer. I was impressed with there MH and the site which was very clean etc. This got me thinking it may be for us, so I had to think of the layout as she is a diabetic and needs the loo at night, so the above model was found.

We have had teething issues, a neighbor pointed out the wheel caps were different!! which they were and, and I was reading about seats and how to prevent them from becoming damp. So I had a brainwave, why not put the heating on for a few days, the van is on hookup so the battery wont run down will it (will it)... I left the heating on for a few days and nights, as one might or, as I did, and when I looked into the MH it was cold. I checked the control panel dial for battery level and it was flat zero:sick:, I checked the MCB unit under the seat, all in on position!! I checked there was power from the mains hookup(y), checked out all the fuses I could find(y). Hey what had caused the problem. I rang V4L and went through there thought process to find the charger unit had failed:eek:, the battery had run flat:eek: and I was stumped:notworthy:. However all was not lost, this all happend just as the MH show at Birmingham was opening. So V4L spoke to Elddis and all was arranged via an auto electrician, south of Towcester to fit a new charger. so a date was arranged and it was fitted:). I was given all information about the leisure battery, and the high possibility it may well now be duff. So I went away and put it on hookup charge, a few days later I removed the hookup and within two days the battery was flat again:eek:. V4L have been very good, I purchased a new battery and they have reimbursed me my cost of the battery.

The above is a short version, I have been away while the original battery was in place, and we enjoyed the experience, though other teething issues have since arisen, used the shower once and noticed the sealant has come away from the center, and other small issues, a crack has appeared in the passengers side mirror out plastic, and no I have not hit anything
, I have driven similar vehicles in the past so I am well aware of the width, and never had an issue before with cracked plastic.

So there we are as up to date as possible. Despite these teething issues we are well pleased with it, her indoors reckons the beds are as comfy as the one at home and she had a surprisingly good sleep:rolleyes:.

Sorry to bore you all, and i expect some of you have fallen a sleep before reading all the way though.

Kepp up the fun

Flook
:cool:

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome Flook and Mrs Flook! I enjoyed reading your post, we are new to motorhoming ourselves and purchased our first in September. Absolutely loving it so far, but still learning!
Enjoy the freedom!

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Thanks Gerri19, Mrs Flook is called Wendy, I often refer to her as her indoors, as she is a home bird, I hope also now a motor home bird:LOL:.

Flook:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for your informative post Flook (my OH is a Dave) and

image.jpg

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hi Dave & Wendy(the Flooks)
Welcome to Fun
Nice introduction.
Nice possitive outlook.
Enjoy you time in the MH.

Mel & Lieve

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome Dave
You should embrace your name and join the growing army of Dave's as we take over the world.....I know what you mean, it's common as muck isn't it :D
Hope the van goes well and you both enjoy your travels, from a fellow Dave (y)

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Are any of you related to "We're all in it together,Dave"

Flook knows! or I'm Flooked if I know!

Have you come across me before, it sounds like you have by the way you have Flooked me out so to speak. I have fun with the name of flook especially on a motorcycle site I belong to.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome you have given, both her indoors and I hope to meet up with some of you later as we roam around. I have to warn you though, her indoors does not like animals, whether they be dogs, cats , budgies and so on. She has been like that since we first met up. I very much appreciate the majority of you love your pets, and bring your dags away, which I consider to be normal, but, her indoors is just plain scared, she knows it is silly, but she wont even go out side when next doors dogs are outside. As she say's "they will get me" :eek:. So I appologise now should any of us meet up. Other than that she is friendly but it takes her a while to get to know anyone. ME, hey I do not worry about such things, I open mouth before engaging brain :whistle: more often than not.

So you know a little more about us, we are on opposite ends of the scale but it seems to work, well it has for over 42 years
:think:

Flook:cool:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to the funhouse, 42 years, now that resonates with me, we had our 42nd in February this year, doesn't time fly when your having fun(y):whistle:My OH can be a bit reticent at times, but when she gets in to full swing difficult to stop her talking:roflmto::lipssealed:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Thank you one and all, we are looking at later this week to venture out, providing her indoors can make up her mind

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello hello.jpg
Hello from the other duck :) My daugher-in-law is also terrified of animals - except for ducks ....... quite lucky that ;)

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
View attachment 58507 Hello from the other duck :) My daugher-in-law is also terrified of animals - except for ducks ....... quite lucky that ;)
I have just looked at my registration as we are off for a day or four to Canterbury:LOL:, the shower has been sorted, but getting back to my registration, I have just realised it starts with DK (DUCK), so Puddleducks, wanna buy a reg plate:D. nah not really, only kidding, but the first two digits are DK.

So if anyone is going to Canterbury, and you see an Eldiss MH with a bronze front starting with DK, you know it is I the Flook:cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back