LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
We are heading off to northern Spain on Wednesday and there are a few places around Potes that the wife said she would like to visit. There are two campsites just outside potes, both in the ACSI book. Anyone used either of them?

Cheers,

David.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
We used La Viorna some years ago. I remember it as tiered, good facilities and great views.
We walked into Potes town a couple of times - quite a walk as I remember but pleasant.
In Potes town, there is, or used to be, a small hardware shop - just off the square. A Real Aladdin's Cave - full of..... stuff :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Great place to visit, we have many times, both campsites offer different values which the price reflects. If the cable car is running at Fuente De then this is a good way of getting up to see the views, however there is still a fair amount of snow around. Choosing a site out of the valley floor could be beneficial to catch the sun and reward you with the stunning views.
Finally the drive to Potes is very interesting in a motorhome. Hope you enjoy your stay there.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
We stayed at the site mentioned above on the road up to the monastery. Good site and facilities but a fair walk to town.
I would stay there again.

OP
OP
Bartyfixedit

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
Thank you all for your kind assistance. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, been busy packing. We shall certainly give potes a try, I'll report back.

Thanks again,

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back