Our first proper camp of 2015 (1 Viewer)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
I love Scotland altogether..only been twice in my life, but everytime it felt like going home...:love:

Ps I think I need to get out more...see more places, meet new friends...and drink more..tea! ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Glencoe is breathtaking, I'm so jealous! Is it cold there at the moment?
Cool, damp and windy outside. Just been snuggling under a blanket watching The lion, the witch and the wardrobe with the family before crawling to bed. Pretty cosy inside :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
A favourite place of mine up there is Loch Etive, coming down from the A82, a log loading place at the bottom, room a for a few MH's, never shared it yet

The loch has a dramatic connection to the sea, quite a sight at tide changes, Connel bridge, just down from the CC site, you can walk down fro the site alongside the airfield, when the tide is going in / out it has rapids going both ways, took me a while to work what I had seen (not explained that very well)

But they get some pretty big boats up into the loch to load timber, equally amazing when you see the rocks they pass over

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
A favourite place of mine up there is Loch Etive....Connel bridge...when the tide is going in / out it has rapids going both ways.....But they get some pretty big boats up into the loch to load timber, equally amazing when you see the rocks they pass over

Its amazing to watch it...and its so easy to underestimate the power and force of water...whether sea or Loch or river..until you see something like this.(y)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
A favourite place of mine up there is Loch Etive, coming down from the A82, a log loading place at the bottom, room a for a few MH's, never shared it yet

The loch has a dramatic connection to the sea, quite a sight at tide changes, Connel bridge, just down from the CC site, you can walk down fro the site alongside the airfield, when the tide is going in / out it has rapids going both ways, took me a while to work what I had seen (not explained that very well)

But they get some pretty big boats up into the loch to load timber, equally amazing when you see the rocks they pass over

It is lovely; thanks for the reminder - we might go there for our last night on hols.

It rained for most of the night but now it has stopped and the clouds are white, not dark. Hope that the walks today won't be too muddy.

Off to Ft. William now and hope to get over to Mull tomorrow.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I love Scotland altogether..only been twice in my life, but everytime it felt like going home...:love:

Ps I think I need to get out more...see more places, meet new friends...and drink more..tea! ;)

Sorry that I can't advise on the ..... tea in Scotland but there are some lovely sea food options here - mussels from Mull (Inverlussa mussel farm) and The Isle of Skye oyster shed near the Talisker distillery - well worth a visit.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We are in Blackwell, Derbyshire with intent of trying the Monsal Trail, unfortunately the howling wind and rain has put a stop to that idea.
How is the weather this morning? Hope that it is better.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Dead envious, I don't know how often you go there or how well you know the area, so apologies for stating what might be obvious

From Fort William go down to Lochaline for shorter and much cheaper crossing to Mull

You do have to cross the Corran ferry from the A82 or drive a long way round

The drive down to Lochaline is lovely, great options for overnighting

We saw our first ever otter many years ago sat outside the pub at Lochaline

We love it up there, have a great time (y)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Dead envious, I don't know how often you go there or how well you know the area, so apologies for stating what might be obvious

From Fort William go down to Lochaline for shorter and much cheaper crossing to Mull

You do have to cross the Corran ferry from the A82 or drive a long way round

The drive down to Lochaline is lovely, great options for overnighting

We saw our first ever otter many years ago sat outside the pub at Lochaline

We love it up there, have a great time (y)

Thanks for the info.

We're driving down the west coast of Loch Eil and are happy to find a night spot near a pub if we miss the last ferry or the weather is not good or the views are great or any other excuse. We aren't in any hurry :)

Otters would be a bonus

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Attachments

• 20150329_103029_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20150329_103029_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 20

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
It always amuses me how life seems to prompt (shove!:whistle:) you in to deciding to go do something...I saw this thread and also received a unexpected out of the blue text to go visit a friend in Acharacle....both last night. Then today, further reminders (harder shoves!!:whistle:) of how much I want to revisit...so it looks like it will be sooner rather than later if I want to avoid the midges...:D

Sorry that I can't advise on the ..... tea in Scotland but there are some lovely sea food options here - mussels from Mull (Inverlussa mussel farm) and The Isle of Skye oyster shed near the Talisker distillery - well worth a visit.

...and will certainly factor this in my new plans...:thanks3:

Ps I rarely drink alcohol these days...cannot cope with the excessive giggling (mine!) nor the hangovers from albeit very little consumption...but do love an occasional dram (not tea) when in Scotland..when in Rome etc ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The weather here is not great but it could be worse. Just need to ensure that we can dry rain coats when we get into the depths of Mull.

Hope that your next trip to the Peaks is better @GaryH61

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Cheers Mattyjwr. Hope you weather is kind. Sods law not too bad today at Home.

As someone once said. There is no bad weather in the UK, only inappropriate clothing :wondering:

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We've tested our wet weather gear to the max over the last few days and watched the four Seasons on one day.

Now the sun is shining and the wind has died down.

Attachments

• 20150402_122122_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20150402_122122_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Mull Haggis washed down with Talisker. Parked up on the edge of loch Na Keal. Sun setting over the hills. Happy days.
:)

Attachments

• 20150407_194027.jpg
    20150407_194027.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.