Rally Chat Bristol Ballon Festival - Interest - Potential Rally. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
@caleta42
Brian, just chatting with Terry and he has received your booking form etc. He will send confirmation this evening - so, you are now fully booked in.
Regards,

Trikeman.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi,
@@johnboscoirl @@JudyKeith @@currynutter @@wizzer59 @@Chipy210

Last Call for your vehicle/dates information requested above and in the Rally thread - have requested a few times also PM'd - but no replies.
:crying:
Please PM me your details ASAP - without these details I am unable to reserve pitches on the Funster area that will suit you (as in when your turn up dates/van size etc).
:doh:

PLEASE forward the details as the rest of the Funsters have.

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've just read the last few pages and am a little bemused. Any way, can you fit a small one in, or am I too late?
This is a genuine inquiry from a newbie, not a double entendre.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
[QUOTE="Bertie Bassett, post: 1354144, member: 32543"
It's the S&M that worries me.....I failed knots in the cubs and after one or two more dib dib dobs decided that secret societies weren't for me and left....:D[/QUOTE]

Oh its no secret, And no knot badges needed, tape is fine and from what I've heard you'll fit in fine:whistle::p

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
.....:ROFLMAO:.....lol.....no, I think that 'special' section were going to be over by the bushes:rolleyes:
....me, I just want to see some balloons:giggler:....

Just wondering if its the same bushes where the knickers are:whistle:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I've just read the last few pages and am a little bemused. Any way, can you fit a small one in, or am I too late?
This is a genuine inquiry from a newbie, not a double entendre.

Hi @Dorwyn
unfortunately we have fully booked up our Funster allocation - sorry.

However, the allocation we have booked up to the limit is specifically for an area 'reserved' for the Funsters, the rest of the venue may have a few spaces left - though not many I believe.

Not to let you down, can I suggest you contact Terry :notworthy2:(details of Cotham Park RFC further up both this chat thread, and on the official rally thread) and if he has any spaces left at the venue get the booking form in and if you do get a space then we can hold you on our reserve list - if a Funster space becomes available through cancellation or we get offered any more pitches, then in you fit.

Although I cannot guarantee it, we may be able to 'shuffle up' to squeeze a small one in - however, if you book yourself in you will never be more than a rugby pitch or two away from the Funsters (at worse) and you can still join in our Fun, and some say debauchery - you will be more than welcome. It's just a parking spaces/pitches issue.

Hope it helps,:clap2:

Regards,

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I think you have to pay if you don't want debouching :eek:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Mr Knee you are going to get us all a bad name in Bristol......and I do lurve the place and hope to return lots of times:p
What! Moi?:whistle:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Dorwyn, have you had any joy with finding/contacting 'Terry' ? I have just found this thread (been away) and would also like to join the funsters at the festival. Appreciate it is a reserve list, but would like to join it nevertheless :smiley:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just wondering if its the same bushes where the knickers are:whistle:
I thought Debs said it was a knickerless weekend for the women?:D Or was I just fantasising again.:whistle: It's the medication you know. :rolleyes:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I thought Debs said it was a knickerless weekend for the women?:D Or was I just fantasising again.:whistle: It's the medication you know. :rolleyes:
What! Moi?:whistle:
To quote yourself........:wait:...t'wern't me:confused:........perhaps a visit to your gp before August???:giggler:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
UPDATE!

Hi All,
Just got back from our BIBF venue at Cotham Park RFC where Terry :notworthy2: and I went through the lists to confirm everyone - all booked in.
However, we have discovered that there are several who have sent in booking forms with 'Funster' or 'Motorhome Fun' on them that are not on our official Funster list - page one of the rally thread.
We cannot guarantee that anyone not on our main confirmed list will be able to get into the Funster area - but if you have a confirmation then you will be able to be accommodated on the venue, unfortunately not in the Funster area.

Here are a couple of photo's of the venue this morning - one photo has Terry :notworthy2: out on his mower - doing the business. You will see the clubhouse in the distance - Oh yes, with huge 'communal' showers,,,,,, Way - Hay!!!!!!!
:clap2:
FUNSTER AREA. We will 'try' to put Fun flags up the posts too.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Regards,

Trikeman. :cheers:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Debs,
don't worry,,,,, really.
There are two shower rooms, enough for a rugby team to shower in each,,,,, yep, they have women's rugby there too, scary but true. The two halves of the building are separated by doors that should be locked (so peeping Bertie Bassets can't watch you) - so it's men to the left of the building and women to the right.
Don't panic as all will be OK on the day - steamy but good.

On a more serious note though - the walk back from the balloon nightglows to the site will be in total darkness, so that should be a good laugh for all involved.:sick:
Don't forget your torches.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Debs,
don't worry,,,,, really.
There are two shower rooms, enough for a rugby team to shower in each,,,,, yep, they have women's rugby there too, scary but true. The two halves of the building are separated by doors that should be locked (so peeping Bertie Bassets can't watch you) - so it's men to the left of the building and women to the right.

On a more serious note though - the walk back from the balloon nightglows to the site will be in total darkness, so that should be a good laugh for all involved.:sick:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)
Les's neice plays ladies rugby I'll have you know (or is it football?:p)

No torches though!!!!! Spoils the atmosphere, the kids thought we were bonkers when we used to have a wander in the New Forest in the dark when they were little:D Your eyes will adjust naturally:)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
It will probably look more like this on the way back from the nightglows. The blind and the fookarewe tribe being led by the drunken, partially sighted.
:laughing:
Broken Link Removed

Looking back over Bristol from the top of Ashton Court at night is quite a sight though.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Really sorry we are going to miss this event. Have tried many times (without a van) and not able to see an assent. Good luck to all
:party:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Debs,
don't worry,,,,, really.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Had I not been pointed in the direction of this post I would have missed it and that would have been a shame because I can say, honestly and without fear of contradiction, that I have skills....Yes I know the earlier photo shows someone who is challenged in so many different ways but fyi.... in advance and for free............no door is locked, no cubicle unwatched and no conversation unheard when Bertie's about. You Better Believe It!:sneaky:
gchq-always-listening-to-our-customers.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Les's neice plays ladies rugby I'll have you know (or is it football?:p)

No torches though!!!!! Spoils the atmosphere, the kids thought we were bonkers when we used to have a wander in the New Forest in the dark when they were little:D Your eyes will adjust naturally:)

Go on...really....adjust naturally you say........surely not...... you grow your own carrots too don't you Deborah!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back