Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Currently away and the electric Truma heating will not work. The gas is a little low so not keen to use. Light showing on the fused switch and when control switched to fully on I hear switching sounds as if turning on, but no heat at all. Any ideas out there.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Maybe just take a few minutes? Also when on just electric its quite! So is there no air coming from any of the vents?

Reactions: SMB

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Which Truma heater is it? S3002? C series? Combi? Have you checked your trip switches? What setting have you got it on (if a S3002 for example you have the choice of 500 Watts, 1000 Watts or 200 Watts). Help us to help you.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
as above, if its the s3002 with the choices of wattage it should also have a 1-7 setting, have you tried turning that up?

OP
OP
Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Tried the heating today and working ok. Not sure why I had the problem, but my wife said she had cleared a small cobweb fom the thermo sensor.
Not convinced, but I will let her have the glory for now!

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Hi...glad to hear yours seems fixed..now what about mine?
Bailey Approach 760 SE 2013 ...Truma Combi...Two problems both when on mains hook up (haven't tried it on gas only..maybe I should have done before writing this!)....1) works fine for days and then suddenly switches itself off..ie red warning light appears advising of a problem?....leave for a couple of mins and all seems well again.....2) more serious.....again, works fine sometimes for days and then suddenly we get a really strong noxious smell (like electrical burning?) which is at its strongest in the bathroon area where there is a blown air outlet. Switch it off..leave it for a while and all seems well and then it happens again totally randomly sometimes days later.
Really worried that it could be something sinister. Have taken it to dealer but sods law applies and they can never seem to make it happen whilst there.
ANY help would be most appreciated. TeeCee

OP
OP
Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Hi

Sorry you are having a problem with the heater. Sounds a bit different to mine as I do not have a warning light on mine. I am sure someone on here will help.
The only time it smells is when it is first turned on and probably due to dust.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Bailey Approach 760 SE 2013 ...Truma Combi...Two problems both when on mains hook up (haven't tried it on gas only..maybe I should have done before writing this!)....1) works fine for days and then suddenly switches itself off..ie red warning light appears advising of a problem?....leave for a couple of mins and all seems well again.....2) more serious.....again, works fine sometimes for days and then suddenly we get a really strong noxious smell (like electrical burning?) which is at its strongest in the bathroon area where there is a blown air outlet. Switch it off..leave it for a while and all seems well and then it happens again totally randomly sometimes days later.
Really worried that it could be something sinister. Have taken it to dealer but sods law applies and they can never seem to make it happen whilst there.
I am certainly no expert but it sounds, from the description, as if something is overheating and a thermal cutout is operating.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Next time the red light comes up on the control panel, go to the boiler and lift off the top cover. If there's a fault there will be a red LED flashing a Morse code signal - long and short flashes, 8 in total. Make a note of this code and then look it up in the list that I've attached to this post (hopefully). Don't switch the boiler off until you have done this or you will lose the fault code. HTH

Attachments

• list of truma flash codes.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 22

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Wow......thanks all for such swift replies.....very much appreciated!
Stephen.....I thought it might be dust but it happens even after a couple of days of constant use and I would think if it was dust then it would be when first switched on?
And extra special thanks to MAZ for the list of potential faults....had a quick look and reminds me of that 'Enigma' code in WW2!!!!!
I think I'll contact Truma direct and copy Bailey in and see what transpires....but thanks again to all.
If I get any sensible responses I will let everyone know.

Reactions: maz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back