Dartford Crossing Charges - I'm bloomin' furious!! (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Paid a couple of weeks ago for 2 crossings, however before we cross we will be changing our motorhome. Have just called them now only to be told that we can't change the registration therefore we will have to pay again!!! What a rip off! :mad:

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
If you have an account you can change the vehicle covered or add more vehicles and save money as well.

It is likely that they are assuming that those booking individual crossings have a imminent need.

Tonyidle. Why would you book a year in advance? You could have all sorts of changes that would make the need for the crossing, if needed at all, redundamt or different.

Shame there is no way to correct your situation.

All the best with ther new unit.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Just open a Dart Charge account. Cheaper crossing rates, *free to open an account, don't have to remember to pay, and you can change reg numbers till you get bored ;)

* You need to add £10 to the account at opening

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1e did the dart charge account , had to phone them as our MH is Transit based and they wanted to charge comercial rate ,

i would give them another call , and register the MH with them ,

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Dartford crossing staff are useless.
We paid for my Daughter to use the crossing a few weeks ago to visit us, but she didn't use it. We couldn't get a refund, but after ringing them up and complaining, they said the no refund clause was in their terms and conditions. They couldn't find it, in fact after speaking to 4 different people, no one could find the clause, but they all said it was there. Our query was passed onto the finance dept and they apparently would contact us.
Guess what? That's right, nothing.
Then, my brother in law used his account to come over and received a penalty notice. They refused to admit he had an account and still charged him!
The term "Cowboys" comes to mind!
Allan

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we loan out a courtesy car and the customer taking it wanted to add it to his account as he would be crossing the river but when he phoned to do so he was told he couldn't as it was already registered to someone else's account. Obviously a customer who had the courtesy car previously must have registered it to their account so I phoned the dartford dept up to ask them to remove it from the account, they said only the person who registered it could remove it from their account and until they did so it could not be registered to another account. So I asked whose account it was registered to so I could ask them to remove it and they said they couldn't tell me because of data protection laws, even though its my car!!
They confirmed it was definitely registered to an account and it was ok to use the crossing as they would be charged (whoever "they" are) so the car has been going backwards & forwards with the fee being charged to someones account - to date no one has contacted me complaining that they have been paying for this!
Just wonder what happens when you buy a car that has already been registered and the previous owner doesn't remove it?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Doesn't sound right to me. I can add and remove vehicles from my account as often as I like.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
another few good reasons for going round the bottom in future, that's my mind made up

I think I would give it serious consideration even if I lived in Essex :D

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Doesn't sound right to me. I can add and remove vehicles from my account as often as I like.
Yes because it's your account. Although it's my car , one of my customers has registered it to their account so I can't remove it and I don't know which customer has done this.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
we loan out a courtesy car and the customer taking it wanted to add it to his account as he would be crossing the river but when he phoned to do so he was told he couldn't as it was already registered to someone else's account. Obviously a customer who had the courtesy car previously must have registered it to their account so I phoned the dartford dept up to ask them to remove it from the account, they said only the person who registered it could remove it from their account and until they did so it could not be registered to another account. So I asked whose account it was registered to so I could ask them to remove it and they said they couldn't tell me because of data protection laws, even though its my car!!
They confirmed it was definitely registered to an account and it was ok to use the crossing as they would be charged (whoever "they" are) so the car has been going backwards & forwards with the fee being charged to someones account - to date no one has contacted me complaining that they have been paying for this!
Just wonder what happens when you buy a car that has already been registered and the previous owner doesn't remove it?

I am pretty certain the Data Protection Act can work for you as well. People keeping data must keep it accurate. If they are refusing to correct an innacuracy, complain to the Data Protection Registrar with your evidence that you have told them you are the vehicle owner and provided them with proof of ownership. You may wish to notify them you are doing this, it may prompt some positive action.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Already spent too long on the phone to them trying to get it put right, I have decided to sit back and wait for the person who has registered it to realise that they are paying for the crossings and then de-register it!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You can't make this stuff up , can you ? They must be trained at the same place as Boris's LEZy lot !

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes because it's your account. Although it's my car , one of my customers has registered it to their account so I can't remove it and I don't know which customer has done this.

Sorry I meant the OP. That's pretty bad form by your customer. Can the Dart Charge people not remove it from whoevers account for you if you prove ownership or something?

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Checked my a/c and found 1crossing @commercial rate others@Moho rate???can't be.bothered to complain for less than £1 but,if they realaised the mistakeke why don't they credit the a/c automatically. Pees me off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back