Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Just returned from France, Peter read somewhere that blue badge holders UK could get motorhome downgraded to car toll, at the discretion of the cashier, showing disabled badge
We tried it, we have a 3 axle 4.500 kg motorhome and it worked everywhere except the toll over the bridge to Le Havre. Just thought it might be useful, as it saves a bit
Regards.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the down grade is from a large car to a normal car

Just returned from France, Peter read somewhere that blue badge holders UK could get motorhome downgraded to car toll, at the discretion of the cashier, showing disabled badge
We tried it, we have a 3 axle 4.500 kg motorhome and it worked everywhere except the toll over the bridge to Le Havre. Just thought it might be useful, as it saves a bit
Regards.

The French blue badge allowance is aimed at cars not motor homes... it is from the taller car with a roof box for a wheelchair for example down to the normal car size.. as the high vehicle would be in the next group.

Does not work on the larger motor homes or RV's I know have tried it... waste of time I have found... they just look at the massive RV at the barrier and hit the class 4 price.

Bob:Blush:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Works for us every time with an A class Hymer, other than the very low cost tolls from Bidart area to Spanish border.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
French toll Roads are useful. For avoiding town centres, apart from that they are just cash machines for the French Government (a bit like ours really). I saved £100--00 at least, the last time I went to Spain by road JUST by planning the route to avoid most TOLL roads. and my Diesel bill was no higher either?. As a bonus I think the route was more interesting too!

Pete

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Regards.

My understanding is a blue badge is to allow ease of access not to get a discount .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
My understanding is a blue badge is to allow ease of access not to get a discount .
Don't know about France, never tried it there. Odd, since we live there part time but, on the Severn Bridge, the Blue Badge gives free use.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
How do you find a cashier, most tolls are automated these days?
ezee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back