May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
401.JPG
Hi MHVir gins, The photo was taken in July 2013. We collected our new van in March, I retired in May and we were on the road from 2nd May to end of July touring Scotland and the Islands. This photo is Fodabay Camping site on top of the mounting on Harris. Terry & Shirley.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
View attachment 53542 Hi MHVir gins, The photo was taken in July 2013. We collected our new van in March, I retired in May and we were on the road from 2nd May to end of July touring Scotland and the Islands. This photo is Fodabay Camping site on top of the mounting on Harris. Terry & Shirley.

Hi Terry and Shirley......(y) Looks so peaceful, we thought perhaps you were wild-camping, but then noticed it is actually a site on Harris.

We're just back from 9 weeks in the van, stopped over for a few nights in Knaresborough, then on down to Chatsworth for a couple more nights, Bakewell was lovely in the run-up to Christmas.....lovely little shops.......then from there down to Littlehampton and Brighton. We were visiting family in Hampshire, but couldn't get anywhere closer to where my parents live. Had a few days in Derbyshire on the way north, more than planned because of the snow, then back home after a stop at Gretna.
We will be back up to Roslin before too long, our son and his wife live just north of Edinburgh (Inverkeithing) and we haven't seen them for a few months.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your Scottish trip(y)

Margaret & Bill:)

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
March bump
Keep um coming plenty of room at this online meet. (y)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
side of Windemere in the off season. Heavy rain and cold foggy weather.View attachment 55987

I don't know why, but we've come to the conclusion that it's better going away "off season".....there's a lot to be said for having the place to yourself and the peace an quiet(y)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Have stayed in Garlieston but at the Lodge site just behind the club site. Nice little cl with pigs and bacon and sausages for sale and red and green light toilet system.(y)

Garlieston isn't too far from us........just keep heading westwards along the A75 ........like the idea of the bacon and sausages for sale(y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Have stayed in Garlieston but at the Lodge site just behind the club site. Nice little cl with pigs and bacon and sausages for sale and red and green light toilet system.(y)

Many many moons ago ,Glasgow schools used to send their 11 year old down to Garlieston , there was a large country house called Galloway house , I spent a month there with the school I remember that the original mulberry harbour was left to rust away in one of the bays , it was a great experience for city kids

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Garlieston isn't too far from us........just keep heading westwards along the A75 ........like the idea of the bacon and sausages for sale(y)

Must have been quite near you Margaret last year when we visited New England bay, lovely area.(y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Many many moons ago ,Glasgow schools used to send their 11 year old down to Garlieston , there was a large country house called Galloway house , I spent a month there with the school I remember that the original mulberry harbour was left to rust away in one of the bays , it was a great experience for city kids

The lodge campsite and grounds must have belonged to the big house at sometime. Read up about house seems it was still on market in September for sale for vastly reduced price, it would compliment your title wonderfully.:D(y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The lodge campsite and grounds must have belonged to the big house at sometime. Read up about house seems it was still on market in September for sale for vastly reduced price, it would compliment your title wonderfully.:D(y)

I wonder if they would accept tesco points for it :)

From memory there are two wings , the girls stayed in one and boys in the other,each of the dormitory were big enough to hold about 15 kids , they were bedrooms originally , I'd hate to think what the heating costs for that place are , I also remember something about a raf jet crashing into the bay

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Can we get back on topic guys this is a online motorhome meet for pics of your motorhomes not a gossip shop. :roflmto: Thanking you. (y)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Any help on posting photo rather than showing as attachment. Please

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I wonder if they would accept tesco points for it :)

From memory there are two wings , the girls stayed in one and boys in the other,each of the dormitory were big enough to hold about 15 kids , they were bedrooms originally , I'd hate to think what the heating costs for that place are , I also remember something about a raf jet crashing into the bay

It's a nice little site with fishing lake, worth a visit.(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Instructions would be appreciated, please

When you have uploaded the photo you will have a choice of thumbnail or full size (or something like that) ... choose fullsize. :_

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back