Travelling with dogs in hot weather (1 Viewer)

Clare&Tony

Free Member
Mar 4, 2015
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
We're facing our first year with a campervan, and 2 dogs, and 2 bikes. Looking forward to it immensely but just wondering how to keep dogs cool in the campervan and whether you recommend an air conditioning unit - our van doesn't have A/C... There will be times when we go out on our bikes and can't take the doggies so will need to keep them cool ... Thank you x

Deleted User
Yes, we've used it abroad. We took the option of the SIM with the unit which allows worldwide coverage. We have had no problems with signal either in the UK or abroad.
Great thanks for that, will look at getting one when we return to Uk :D
Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Our dog goes with us most places, as previously said if you leave an air flow the van normally keeps cool. Found the only time she gets hot is when lying between the front seats, when in transit 'secured', if the sun is on us she used to get a bit hot. We got a cooling pad from pets at home, it's like a double sided rubber mat, but keeps cool when activated. She loves it, found our in pets at home.

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The wife overheated badly one summer. Red face, the lot, but she was OK after I explained that it was only a joke when I said I had reported her mother for having an offensive face in a built up area. (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back