Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Bristol Balloon Fiesta Funster Rally. (Brsitol) (2 Viewers)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Did someone mention we can bring guns :clap:
Las Vegas 3 184.JPG

Attachments

• Las Vegas 3 184.JPG
    Las Vegas 3 184.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 7

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Just a thought fellow Funsters...I wonder if we should move all the funny banter posts over to the other festival thread and keep this one for actual updates meet info and factual details?

It's a long time til August and poor Trikeman is going to need to organise parking, bbq etc and this thread is already 31 pages long:Eeek:

I'm loving all the wonderful Funster sense of humour but if we move that over to rally chat leaving this thread for meet info I think it might make it easier.

What do you think?

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Just a thought fellow Funsters...I wonder if we should move all the funny banter posts over to the other festival thread and keep this one for actual updates meet info and factual details?

It's a long time til August and poor Trikeman is going to need to organise parking, bbq etc and this thread is already 31 pages long:Eeek:

I'm loving all the wonderful Funster sense of humour but if we move that over to rally chat leaving this thread for meet info I think it might make it easier.

What do you think?

Yup! Makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

What do you think?

:clap2:Its a good idea Mousy, as I have to trawl though all the posts on this thread (regularly) hunting for anyone who has confirmed or has a serious issue/question/requirement. I love all the banter too and wouldn't want to loose that for sure, but how would we be able to transfer all/some of this thread to another - the festival thread??? :eek:

When I set this one up as the official BIBF Rally thread it was for the items you mentioned above, updates, confirmations who's coming etc - but before I knew it (following morning) it was about 6 pages long.
:doh:And still growing :laughing:

It is a brilliant idea just to have the Rally thread for all things Rally (a sort of serious one) and another for our filibustering. If one knows how to do this (without loosing the important bits) I would be happy to try it.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @Trikeman, the easiest way is if we post the funny stuff on your first thread titled Bristol ballon festival-Interest-Potential rally. In rally chat and post on this one for info only.

Not sure but you may be able as the owner of that thread to change the title.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi @Trikeman, the easiest way is if we post the funny stuff on your first thread titled Bristol ballon festival-Interest-Potential rally. In rally chat and post on this one for info only.

Not sure but you may be able as the owner of that thread to change the title.

Hi @Mousy,
right, I just had a look at the other thread (the potential rally one in rally chat) and I genuinely think, as I don't want to miss anything in this confirmed Rally thread, we should keep this one AS IS as I have a good handle where we are to date but post no more on this thread unless it is specifically/important to do with the rally. We can use the other thread for our chat 'about the rally'.
What I mean is - if we put ONLY RALLY INFORMATION (important info) from here in on this thread and all other 'conversations' to do with the BIBF go on the Chat one.......... Does this make sense?????

I could put a request on this thread 'not for any more frolics' and put a link to the chat thread where we can wax lyrical, but Terry and I can use this thread for important updates and Funster questions etc.

Regards,

Trikeman.:doh:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Yes thats exactly what I meant. Well done, we can get all over excited on the other thread and leave this one for da business. (y)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
IMPORTANT CHANGE.:active:

Hi All,
we have decided that this thread will be for official BIBF information only, updates, changes, confirmations and 'serious' BIBF correspondence.

However, we don't want to loose the great fun we have had so far and I respectfully ask that this continues, on the thread in rally chat - link below.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...stival-interest-potential-rally.101689/page-8

Thanks to Mousy for the help, it was getting really difficult to keep tabs on the organisation bit in amongst our, natural, Funster banter.....:rofl:

All banter now on the other thread please - but of course feel free to put any questions about the Rally here - I will regularly monitor this thread and once we get nearer we will post important bits here.

Many Thanks in anticipation.:blush:

Trikeman.:wink:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's so quiet here now! Trikeman do you want motorhome sizes now & first names to add to forum names?

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
We must have a chat...................I lip read fairly well so often don't wear my phonaks. Pathetic I know but it's old codgers pride!:D So you can have a good laugh when I'm nodding my nut at inappropriate moments!;)

BB...we'll both be like two nodding "Oh yes..." british bulldogs that you find on the parcel shelves of cars...grinning inanely without knowing why...and having had a few of Puddleduck's specially made tablets with @movan Joy's special..ahem...ingredient from her chocolate cake, we'll be saying "elephant shoe" quite often....:rofl:
PS For the uninitiated...go look in the mirror and lipread yourself say elephant shoe...what does it look like you're really saying....?;)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi Trike, Just catching up with mails etc. after a couple of days at sons. I have just received confirmation of my booking from the right 'onerable TERRY.
Not bothered where you put me.. 7m. I know noone.
Thanks for all your efforts

:merci:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Trike, Just catching up with mails etc. after a couple of days at sons. I have just received confirmation of my booking from the right 'onerable TERRY.
Not bothered where you put me.. 7m. I know noone.
Thanks for all your efforts

:merci:

You've forgotten already.:cry:
Edit Oops wrong thread sorry T

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All - great news, hot off the press. :active:

Just had a meet with Terry :notworthy2: and have secured an additional 9 spaces (another row) for us Funsters - so more Funsters can join us.
:party2:

The only fair way I can see to do this is as we have ALL done to date for everyone else.:ROFLMAO: First confirmed, first served (to pardon the pun).

If you are not currently on the 'official' Funster rally list and wish to come to the Funster rally area - then send a booking form in and once Terry :notworthy2: sends confirmations to you, let me know by pm and on the 'official' attendees list you will go - I beleive we have pushed the boat as far as we can, so I doubt there will be any more spaces in the Funster area in the future - we now have 41 spaces and the 'official' list has been updated to reflect this.

Unfortunately we are unable to reserve places on the 'official' list without being booked in and confirmed. There is a reserve list though, below the main list, on page 1 of this thread for awaiting Funsters.

Great News! Get the forms in.(y)

Trikeman.;)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi All - great news.:)

Just had a meet with Terry and have secured an additional 9 spaces (another row) for us Funsters.

The only fair way I can see to do this is as we have done to date.:ROFLMAO:

If you wish to come to the Funster rally area then send a booking form in and once Terry sends confirmations to you - let me know by pm and on the 'official' attendees list you will go - I beleive we have pushed the boat as far as we can, so I doubt there will be any more spaces in the Funster area in the future.

Unfortunately we are unable to reserve places without being booked in.

Trikeman.;)

Ah you are a God Trikeman;), I think I love you:blush:

My form is, or will be winging its way to Terry int morning:party::cheers:

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Hi All - great news, hot off the press. :active:

Just had a meet with Terry :notworthy2: and have secured an additional 9 spaces (another row) for us Funsters - so more Funsters can join us.
:party2:

The only fair way I can see to do this is as we have ALL done to date for everyone else.:ROFLMAO: First confirmed, first served (to pardon the pun).

If you are not currently on the 'official' Funster rally list and wish to come to the Funster rally area - then send a booking form in and once Terry :notworthy2: sends confirmations to you, let me know by pm and on the 'official' attendees list you will go - I beleive we have pushed the boat as far as we can, so I doubt there will be any more spaces in the Funster area in the future - we now have 41 spaces and the 'official' list has been updated to reflect this.

Unfortunately we are unable to reserve places on the 'official' list without being booked in and confirmed. There is a reserve list though, below the main list, on page 1 of this thread for awaiting Funsters.

Trikeman.;)

Ah you are a God Trikeman;), I think I love you:blush:

My form is, or will be winging its way to Terry int morning:party::cheers:

@wizzer59....how you say that you "think" you love @Trikeman...I KNOW I do!!! Bless you Mr Trikeman Sir...you're a STAR Sir! :cheers::clap2::clap2::clap2:
:bear:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Come on Funsters there are only a few spaces left! See Trikemans post above & get your applications in Link Removed - Pitches from only £12 for one night at RFC for up to 5 nights (Wednesday 5th- Sunday 9th August) with toilets, showers & clubhouse plus 32 sets of paid & confirmed Funsters :cheers: Don't be put off by the 6m x 6m pitch size (to discourage huge tents) as lots of us have large motorhomes & these can be accommodated thanks to Trikeman & Terry (RFC);)Bristol Balloon Festival (with free entry) is just a short walk away over a golf course plus plenty of other attractions nearby. Any questions just ask :)

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Come on Funsters there are only a few spaces left! See Trikemans post above & get your applications in Link Removed - Pitches from only £12 for one night at RFC for up to 5 nights (Wednesday 5th- Sunday 9th August) with toilets, showers & clubhouse plus 32 sets of paid & confirmed Funsters :cheers: Don't be put off by the 6m x 6m pitch size (to discourage huge tents) as lots of us have large motorhomes & these can be accommodated thanks to Trikeman & Terry (RFC);)Bristol Balloon Festival (with free entry) is just a short walk away over a golf course plus plenty of other attractions nearby. Any questions just ask :)
Wombles...!!!! Shush!!!!! Let me get my confirmation first!!!;)(y)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
@wizzer59....how you say that you "think" you love @Trikeman...I KNOW I do!!! Bless you Mr Trikeman Sir...you're a STAR Sir! :cheers::clap2::clap2::clap2:
:bear:

Yeees well although I like to think I am in touch with my Feminine side, I wouldn't want him to think I Bat for the other side if you get my drift, anyway I'd need to see a photo before I actually confirm my er lurv, cos some of the pics of folk already on here are just a little out of my league:rofl::rofl:

Ps. I wonder how many fingers he has??:Eeek:

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Yeees well although I like to think I am in touch with my Feminine side, I wouldn't want him to think I Bat for the other side if you get my drift, anyway I'd need to see a photo before I actually confirm my er lurv, cos some of the pics of folk already on here are just a little out of my league:rofl::rofl:

Ps. I wonder how many fingers he has??:Eeek:
:rofl::rofl:

Ps Do you think he's gonna let you on the confirmed list after that..? Best start grovelling....and counting your own fingers! :rofl::rofl:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Serious question for anyone, save me trawling through it all where on the map is do the Balloons take off and can we get on one????

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yes - now't but rally info here please,,,,,,,, well, until we get everyone booked in and sorted. :lips:

Shortly we will be looking for everyone's names, date of arrival/leaving, length of van et al. Instead of me doing just about everything over the rally (at least time for a beer or two) I am hoping some will throw up their hands to organise some sub-activities like barbeques - if that's what Funsters want of course.

NOT NOW PLEASE, WE WILL DO THIS ONCE WE HAVE OUR FINAL NUMBERS AND ALL CONFIRMATIONS.
:thanks3:
I'll get some sort of grid made up for the marshals and us.

Regards.

Trikeman.:wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back