LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
What happened was I was about to take the Christmas songs of the MP3, yeah I know but we leave it plugged into the speakers in the house so the wife can have wall to wall music.

Sonic Stage! It's an awful programme like an elephant in a china shop but it won't let me in as it demands "Administrator Rights". So I google for answers and end up downloading the latest version from what looked a trusted site.

Now the pc has gone haywire with Binkiland.exe installed which is a browser hijacker and Strong Signal which pops ads up all over the place.

Uninstalled Binki through the Control Panel and after Malware Bytes didn't find anything (am I right MB doesn't offer a choice of Full or Quick scan now?) I googled for a Strong Signal removal tool. Ah! Spyhunter the very thing but after running it for an hour and finding dozens of threats I spotted the "Register" icon down one corner. $30 or some such so after going back to Control Panel to uninstall it offers me the thing for 75% off. I'm tempted but now running Spybot so we'll see what that brings up.

In the meantime we're still listening to Silent Night. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thank you James, My minds gone a blank now but Spybot must have found a few threats and after a restart all seems well, what's the diff in uninstalling Sonic in ConPan against Revo cos I have to start over again now, another half day I'll never get back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thank you James, My minds gone a blank now but Spybot must have found a few threats and after a restart all seems well, what's the diff in uninstalling Sonic in ConPan against Revo cos I have to start over again now, another half day I'll never get back.

Revo gets rid of all the associated files, folders and registry entries.. it does a deep clean.. I've used it for years.. never use the Windows uninstall...

I love Revo.. has saved my bacon many times..

from Revo

Easy to use
Using Revo Uninstaller is very simple. As soon as its installed, the main interface displays which programs are installed. Right click on the icon for options and information, or simply select the one you want to remove and Revo Uninstaller performs a very through removal process, including making a backup point in case anything goes wrong or it removes something you don't want it to.

Revo Uninstaller delves deep into your Registry to remove all entries and other temporary files that most other uninstallers leave behind. It uses a wizard approach - at each step, Revo Uninstaller prompts you to select which files you want to remove. The app also has two alternative ways of removing programs - Hunter and Drag and Drop.

Very stubborn apps
Hunter Mode is perfect for those programs that really don't want to make a move. You take the little target icon that appears on your desktop, and place it over the program you want to remove. It could be the desktop icon, the start page entry or even the folder on your C: drive and is perfect for those irritating apps that don't show up in the installed programs list. Revo Uninstaller's Drag and Drop mode is similar, but instead you drag the program item to the icon - amusingly designed as a burning fire!

There is very little to fault with Revo Uninstaller - it's a great uninstaller, and free. What more could you ask for?!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Revo gets rid of all the associated files, folders and registry entries.. it does a deep clean.. I've used it for years.. never use the Windows uninstall...

I love Revo.. has saved my bacon many times..

from Revo

Easy to use
Using Revo Uninstaller is very simple. As soon as its installed, the main interface displays which programs are installed. Right click on the icon for options and information, or simply select the one you want to remove and Revo Uninstaller performs a very through removal process, including making a backup point in case anything goes wrong or it removes something you don't want it to.

Revo Uninstaller delves deep into your Registry to remove all entries and other temporary files that most other uninstallers leave behind. It uses a wizard approach - at each step, Revo Uninstaller prompts you to select which files you want to remove. The app also has two alternative ways of removing programs - Hunter and Drag and Drop.

Very stubborn apps
Hunter Mode is perfect for those programs that really don't want to make a move. You take the little target icon that appears on your desktop, and place it over the program you want to remove. It could be the desktop icon, the start page entry or even the folder on your C: drive and is perfect for those irritating apps that don't show up in the installed programs list. Revo Uninstaller's Drag and Drop mode is similar, but instead you drag the program item to the icon - amusingly designed as a burning fire!

There is very little to fault with Revo Uninstaller - it's a great uninstaller, and free. What more could you ask for?!

Many thanks Jim, I've never heard of it but will try it tonight!

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
[QUOTE="ScotJimland, post: 1310549, member: 15

There is very little to fault with Revo Uninstaller - it's a great uninstaller, and free. What more could you ask for?![/QUOTE]

Coffee with it?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
[QUOTE="ScotJimland, post: 1310549, member: 15

Coffee with it?[/QUOTE]

Stirred too!

Reactions: GJH

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Thanks @ScotJimland just downloaded and run, its cleaned loads of old files and programs I couldn't fully uninstall,(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Uninstalled Sonic Stage and little did I realise that much of the malware was in there. I've still got some stuff popping up but the wife says I have to stop for me tea. Brilliant bit of software Jim, thank you. (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
iPad anyone ?

:whistle2:

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Right, if I could borrow Tootles bugle I could sound the all clear, on second thoughts given where that's been p'raps not. :cautious:

Between MB/Spybot/MSE/CC and Revo I can get on with what I was doing, ah yes Sonic Stage, I might be gone some time. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Is it worth running Revo even if you have no immediate problem..thinking about lurking stuff:cautious: :)

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Only used it last night to uninstall a couple of unknowns that turned out to be my problem. I like the way it gives you the option to google for info and/or look up the website of any programme be it suspicious or not. So yes, from my limited experience of Revo asking it to look at anything seems no bad idea. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is it worth running Revo even if you have no immediate problem..thinking about lurking stuff:cautious: :)
Revo is an uninstaller which does a better job than the built-in one, rather than being a malware identifier or clean up programme. It comes into its own when using the likes of Malwarebytes identifies a problem, in order to make sure you've got rid of every last bit of the rogue software.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I hope I'm wrong but the post above, given that it is the first post of a new user, should be treated with caution. There is a fake version of Adwcleaner in use by scammers - see Here. I've alerted Jim to the post but I haven't clicked the link in the previous post for obvious reasons.

EDIT - Jim has now deleted the post referred to, thanks Jim.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back