Sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal (1 Viewer)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Looks like we will be going over at least twice this year so would be interested in sharing if somebody wanted the other 3?
I'm stuck now. I thought the min purchase was 5 single crossings. Is it 10?

We are certainly interested in this deal but have to wait till at least the end of Feb for the piggy bank to be less empty.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'm stuck now. I thought the min purchase was 5 single crossings. Is it 10?
10 single crossings minimum = 5 returns. £430 for 10 plus £11 each way for campervan supplement = £540. Just checked and off peak prices work out at about £85 each way in March to May for a campervan = £850. A good saving even if you only use 8 of the 10

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
10 single crossings minimum = 5 returns. £430 for 10 plus £11 each way for campervan supplement = £540. Just checked and off peak prices work out at about £85 each way in March to May for a campervan = £850. A good saving even if you only use 8 of the 10

Well I can't commit to it until late Feb and may not have the funds until late March but I definitely plan to try and share as the OP suggests.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
you can spit it any way that you choose, 3-2 returns whatever. extra trips can be bought at same rate over the 10 singles. what I really like is the flexibility. for instance last summer I changed the return from Italy 4 times...

(Rant alert!)

what done it for me was I waited 5 hrs because of a cancelled DFDS ferry on a return from Spain in 2013, it was the last straw, as I had had a long drive up trying to make the boat. How hard is it for them to send out a simple text message!. Also the return trips from italy in August were terrible, as by the time campers are loaded, boat full of east europeans with their bedding sleeping everywhere, making it difficult to find a seat, crossing more like an emergency refugee ship then a ferry.

I appreciate that some have a long drive down and prefer the boat and they can be quiet out of season. Have been on more or less empty ones out of season...but by the time I get to Calais after all the queuing, loading and waiting etc....I can be down past Rouen using the tunnel!

(rant over :))

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
you can spit it any way that you choose, 3-2 returns whatever. extra trips can be bought at same rate over the 10 singles. what I really like is the flexibility. for instance last summer I changed the return from Italy 4 times...

(Rant alert!)

what done it for me was I waited 5 hrs because of a cancelled DFDS ferry on a return from Spain in 2013, it was the last straw, as I had had a long drive up trying to make the boat. How hard is it for them to send out a simple text message!. Also the return trips from italy in August were terrible, as by the time campers are loaded, boat full of east europeans with their bedding sleeping everywhere, making it difficult to find a seat, crossing more like an emergency refugee ship then a ferry.

I appreciate that some have a long drive down and prefer the boat and they can be quiet out of season. Have been on more or less empty ones out of season...but by the time I get to Calais after all the queuing, loading and waiting etc....I can be down past Rouen using the tunnel!

(rant over :))

Nice rant................which I enjoyed!:D

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just signed up this week with Hugh on here for this year. This a heads up to anyone who travels in summer months. They are unusually busy this year. In years of using this scheme have never seen anything like it so beware....

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi we are planning on going June 30th -14th July
And August 29th - September 12th.

Anyone interested in buddying up?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
My sympathy :). Due to this being such an active forum. Threads disappear into the ether far to quickly!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
come on! anyone want to share with Likle Mousy?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Would be interested but only want 2 trips ourselves don't know if it's worth it if we have 2 each and forget the 3rd also don't know when the year starts from the day of buying the pass or the first trip it might be possible to do 2 this year and easter next?

David

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Interested in possibly having one trip if anyone has one going spare.
After going at the end of july?

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Never being without pets ,and they always stay in the van on the ferries but i get good discount as well as friends and family discount , so stick to what i,m happy with lol/

Sable

Free Member
Jan 8, 2009
Funster No
I think I may only want 5 tickets and if I can find someone to share with I intend to buy first or second week in July then I can use 5th ticket next July (2016).

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think I may only want 5 tickets and if I can find someone to share with I intend to buy first or second week in July then I can use 5th ticket next July (2016).

Potential problem with that is: IF booking during School holidays crossings get booked early. if flexible on time and date should still be OK. give me some dates I will look as you cant look unless signed up as a frequent traveler

Eddie

Sable

Free Member
Jan 8, 2009
Funster No
Fortunately flexible both to times and more or less to dates but will try to be more specific . I know I have to be in France for about 25th July but could be earlier and I prefer the crossing just after 4 or much later but not in the rush hour!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Potential problem with that is: IF booking during School holidays crossings get booked early. if flexible on time and date should still be OK. give me some dates I will look as you cant look unless signed up as a frequent traveler

Eddie

Judge, from May 2016 Mrs BB and self will be happy to share crossings with you if you are not already buddied up. (y)
Have just decided that the extra six months my employer has asked me to do is a tax nightmare so I won't be doing it. We can AT LAST plan to leg it North, South, East but not West yet!:D

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry @Bertie Bassett signed up with Hugh ages ago....sounds like you're a match for Sable though? as she wants first trip in July :)

Sable : availability on Thursday 23rd from 4am, but not a lot of slots left, Friday 24th booked up. The way it works is to avoid supplements you need to go out after 4 pm and return before 1 pm?

it really is best to try and avoid weekends during school holiday time...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back