Know how mobile broadband (1 Viewer)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well we have purchased the know how mifi, set up this afternoon, easy to do and worked well at home, will take to Birmingham tomorrow for a proper test and hopefully it will work overseas as well :)

Lin & Nige

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well we have been using it for a month now, worked great in UK, France and Spain, only gripe when you log on to check stuff it tells you nothing, no indication of how much of your monthly allowance used. Went for max on first month 10gb, as it's included with purchase cost, says will get an email at 50% 80% and 100% use, no email so far so assume not even reached 50%. Will leave on full allowance for next two months until return home, when I can then phone and ask how much data allowance we actually used, with a view to lowering to 5gb.
At 25.99 a month a bit steep, but still cheaper than paying for WiFi at sites.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Well we're in Spain and can't get it to work at all, unless I'm in a low coverage area but I thought it worked all over span, we're in Valencia de Don Juan and have travelled up from portugal where we had great coverage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
3GB 90 day sim from three is currently £20.49p and works with three feel at home. Plenty enough for me when I go away to france.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
We might just have to accept the cost of home broadband if Nige wants to stock up on stuff to take away as a yearly cost a bit like council tax, just annoying paying for it each month when we are away :(
How about wifi?
Get a wifi booster aerial and use Fon. It's free if you already have a bt line
Coverage best in France, Portugal and UK, but other countries have it too, see map here Broken Link Removed
@Addie can help with the aerial hardware, I bet...

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I don't have a landline but thanks for the advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well ,I have said all this before, but currently we are in France, I know this doesn't apply in other countries, but I have a 7 inch Chinese tablet £59 and a free three 321 sim in it on pay and go ,I have put a £15 adon and it works everywhere we have been, writing this up some mountain , but that's it unlimited for a month and can use it for phone and text as well all in.
Havnt found a fon connection anywhere.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I might add that this sim is the same one that I use in my normal phone at home on straight forward pay and go , no addon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back