truck sat nav (1 Viewer)

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Six or seven still cannot get it to enter the second part after the space o_O
I have pressed the reset button on the rear with no difference, I have checked country is set to UK

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
There are a couple of manuals in the Resources section, Dave, which cover just about everything between them. You should find the answers there.
Chinese 7" Truck Satnav Manual
Pwilmo's Chinese Sat Nav Xtras Manual
I have just read the section on entering a destination as postal code and it does it just as my unit is doing it
Enter first part of postcode list will come up with a list of matches with the following one digit of postcode to narrow down further select which one you are looking for the select street then house number,
Does not say you can enter a full postcode of 6 or 7 digits all at once
If this is the case no point in entering any of the postcode just do town then street then house number

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Had a search throu program details, operating system is June 2012
Is there a newer version of operating system available somewhere to download ?
I have put on the Q3 2013 TomTom maps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I use my truck sat daily with up to 11 postcodes entered in at a time and on one or two occasions it does fail to complete a postcode search just as manda3000gt says but i think that is because it does have it in its system ie new trading estates.What you can do before a reset try some elses.
The only times I have had problems was postcoding a road that my profile vehicle was not allowed down ie a 3.5ton limited road when my profile vehicle is a 44ton 39ft long artic

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Problem solved with software & map update courtesy of 'Lunarman' John (Many thanks again )
I can now enter a postcode in full
I'm sure there are many more improvements to find once I start having a play
Cannot believe how great these units are for the
price

EX8

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
LGV / Bongo / Caravan
Exp
LGV 30 years
I just joined up to say thanks for all the info in this thread. All read and digested.

Just one immediate point though - the seller doesn't exist any more it seems?

Is this the same unit being discussed...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
more this one
Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
more this one
Broken Link Removed
Yep, that's the one, and the seller. (y).

A friend (and fellow Funster) had a problem with his maps, so the seller sent him another micro SD card......................but it was a blank, :eek: so whilst on tour in Germany with us, I managed to copy my maps and settings over to his SD card, which he then used to compare his unit with the Snooper he was using.
He is really pleased with the Nozatec unit. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Just started looking at this thread and have looked at the adert. Quite keen but is this the unit with bluetooth, that would klinch it? Sorry but 18 pages is a lot to review. Thank you Clive

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Just started looking at this thread and have looked at the adert. Quite keen but is this the unit with bluetooth, that would klinch it? Sorry but 18 pages is a lot to review. Thank you Clive
Yes Clive.

If you click on The Big 1's link and scroll down the page, all the relevant information is there, including the Bluetooth facility.
Not being much of a phone user (thankfully as it is so distracting) I cannot comment on the quality of the Bluetooth option, however, I'm sure almost every other owner of this Sat Nav, will be able to. ;)

Cheers,

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Thank you Jock, I have placed my order delivery estimated 21/10/15, I will look forward to receiving it. I currently use a Tom Tom Go910 but I cannot set things to avoid in that other than tolls. So this should be a good fit for Helen.

Cheers Clive

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thank you Jock, I have placed my order delivery estimated 21/10/15, I will look forward to receiving it. I currently use a Tom Tom Go910 but I cannot set things to avoid in that other than tolls. So this should be a good fit for Helen.

Cheers Clive
Clive, if you go into resources, you will find helpful info regarding this Sat Nav.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/gps-co-ordinates-converter.138/
and,
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/chinese-7-truck-satnav-manual.20/

Happy reading. ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
not impressed.. the screen was dull and I couldn't find the Bluetooth..but the main reason was the crap screen.
Since removing the screen protector and increasing the brightness Jim, mine is so much better and more sensitive, than when I initially received it. (y) The sun shade is essential for us, as the unit sits on that big Hymer dashboard.

Cheers,

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
@Cleve
I bought one from the same seller and returned it..

not impressed.. the screen was dull and I couldn't find the Bluetooth..but the main reason was the crap screen.

hopefully yours is better

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/report-on-chinese-sat-nav.117201/page-2
I sold mine after a couple of weeks for the same reason, plus, the mounting bracket needed fixing and modifying before it would hold the screen securely.
For what it was and the features it had, it was a great price, but not for me.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Since removing the screen protector and increasing the brightness Jim, mine is so much better and more sensitive, than when I initially received it. (y) The sun shade is essential for us, as the unit sits on that big Hymer dashboard.

Cheers,

done all that Jock.. but still poor compared to the Garmin screen which is bright and clear, with no need of a sunshade.

but in any case.. the seller is A1 and if not happy for any reason, they give a no quibble refund..

I copied this from a Truck forum..

A Dutch Autotrader Magazine reviewed entry level SatNavs and tested the chinese , TomTom , Garmins offerings, the Chinese satnav appeared ok till they looked inside and found poor quality solder joints , poor quality boards and poor battery etc, it was built for pennies and was rated as being over priced !
Its like saying a car is just a car , its not is , you get what you pay for.

Anyway the conclusion they came to was , it was a Sat Nav to buy your Grandparents who think its time they had one , they wouldnt use it and it would sit in the glove box all its life

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm happy with my navibuzz unit now - did have problems with it to start with which turned out to be a bad charging lead. They did offer to replace or refund as soon as I had problems. If it lasts a year it is worth it :)

It's actually better that the built in unit that came with my last car - and cheaper than the maps update was on the car.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Oh well, not to worry, at that price I will not lose any sleep. As my avatar shows, I intend to use it in a mature Hymer. Started to read the early posts - up to page 6 but need a cup of tea. A number of issues seem to have been covered, the humour is also so good.

It underlines just how useful this forum is, such a wealth of knowledge and humour, glad I joined!

:smiley:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I copied this from a Truck forum..

A Dutch Autotrader Magazine reviewed entry level SatNavs and tested the chinese , TomTom , Garmins offerings, the Chinese satnav appeared ok till they looked inside and found poor quality solder joints , poor quality boards and poor battery etc, it was built for pennies and was rated as being over priced !
Its like saying a car is just a car , its not is , you get what you pay for.

Anyway the conclusion they came to was , it was a Sat Nav to buy your Grandparents who think its time they had one , they wouldnt use it and it would sit in the glove box all its life
Well, having had ours for around the two year mark, I'm chuffed with it, even more so now since @lunarman alerted me to a rogue file in the Archers 2015 POIs, but that wasn't reflective upon the Nozatec.

In Germany last month, because of that rogue file affecting my own POIs, I had the TT720 Truck unit working alongside the Nozatec, and POIs apart, the Nozatec was both superior and quicker, with re-establishing a signal after exiting a tunnel, ie, only 3 x seconds :) whereas the TT was ages after that. :(

Cheers,

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well, having had ours for around the two year mark, I'm chuffed with it, even more so now since @lunarman alerted me to a rogue file in the Archers 2015 POIs, but that wasn't reflective upon the Nozatec.

In Germany last month, because of that rogue file affecting my own POIs, I had the TT720 Truck unit working alongside the Nozatec, and POIs apart, the Nozatec was both superior and quicker, with re-establishing a signal after exiting a tunnel, ie, only 3 x seconds :) whereas the TT was ages after that. :(

Cheers,

Jock.. not disputing the sat navs on-road navigation ability ... can't comment as I never got that far..

In fact, it never left the drive.. the poor quality of the screen was my reason for returning.. so there was no point in road testing.

Maybe I got a duff screen.. or perhaps I expected too much.. but even compared to my elderly 2007 model, TT One XL I use in the car.. it was very poor.

The Garmin performed flawlessly on the trip to France.. loaded with the CamperContact POIs it was great... I love the bright clear screen, the software is intuitive and easy to use..
Loading third party POIs and Garmin map updates is a snap..So now looking at buying a GarminTruck model for the Hymer..and replacing the TT with the Garmin I already have.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
We have sat across from A-sure, very good and good after sale service, had a replacement because of a fault, even add a country map that not in Europe.
I looked again and now they have one which is also a dash cam, FM tuner etc £52.
If I didn't have the sat and also a dash cam, I would have go for it.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Having sent a pm from an earlier thread finally wound up back here and followed Jock's recommendation and downloaded the manual.

I must say I have found these 18 pages very interesting so with the wealth of experience contained in these pages and the speedy responses here I think I shall be happy. The report by Jim regarding the screen brightnes "appears to be addressable" only time will tell.

To have prepared the manual must have been a labour of love for our funster friend. I am very grateful, I am sure it will overcome many of the problems initially experienced on here over a year ago.

Thank you Clive:clap:

EX8

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
LGV / Bongo / Caravan
Exp
LGV 30 years

About the manual, it says 'Download not available' ? Any ideas why?

I just bought the satnav btw, for use in an LGV. I'll be testing it beforehand and will report findings back here.

Cheers

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back