Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
ALL BOOKED
We phoned twin lakes and booked from the 1st May to 22nd May with electric hook up, i even understood him, fellow Yorkshire man
Kevan & Julie and the dog
That's great. The whole hog eh? For you it will be celebration after celebration after celebration. :france:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
BUMP

Anyone interested in ferry crossing ............
Dover/Calais ........out 10.15 am 27/04/15
Return Dunkerque/Dover............. 10am 08/06/15 ...........
Motor caravan up to 7.5m. booked with Caravan club (dfds) please pm me ..............£70.00 + £10 pp. change of name fee
Cancelling due to ill health.......:(
Jude

Reactions: JaG

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
BUMP

Anyone interested in ferry crossing ............
Dover/Calais ........out 10.15 am 27/04/15
Return Dunkerque/Dover............. 10am 08/06/15 ...........
Motor caravan up to 7.5m. booked with Caravan club (dfds) please pm me ..............£70.00 + £10 pp. change of name fee
Cancelling due to ill health.......:(
Jude

Why don't you put this in the For Sale section as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
:party2::france:Hello Jean and Graham. Added our names to the rally list although we have yet to decide on dates. This will be our first 'expedition' to France in the Motorhome. Once we have sorted out the Eurotunnel we can book with the site. We are travelling from Norfolk so need to decide whether to overnight at Canterbury or make the crossing and then stay the night somewhere.
No birthdays or anniversaries for us at that time of the year - but happy to share in everyone's celebrations.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
:party2::france:Hello Jean and Graham. Added our names to the rally list although we have yet to decide on dates. This will be our first 'expedition' to France in the Motorhome. Once we have sorted out the Eurotunnel we can book with the site. We are travelling from Norfolk so need to decide whether to overnight at Canterbury or make the crossing and then stay the night somewhere.
No birthdays or anniversaries for us at that time of the year - but happy to share in everyone's celebrations.
And you will be so welcome. Loads of experienced Funsters on site and on here if you need any advise about anything. Looking forward to meeting you. :notworthy2:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Presumably if we put 'Maybe' now, the RSVP system allows us to change to 'Yes' later?

We are rather more than 'Maybe', but just working on the leaving date at the moment. We are settled on arriving 1st May, but not quite sure how long we can stay, plus a couple of other details to sort out. Should all be resolved next week, with any luck.
RSVP now updated from 'Maybe' to 'Yes'. Email sent to campsite; ferry booked. Not had a response from Two Lakes yet, but I gather that isn't all that unusual. I sent the email last Tuesday - if it gets round to this Tuesday without a response I'd better give them a ring.

We cross Dover - Calais mid-afternoon Tues 28th April & plan to be at Twin Lakes by the afternoon of Friday 1st May. Now I need to go & re-read all those 'routes south from Calais' threads & plan a few potential overnight halts on the trip down, as this is our first time in France with the van. We may not stick to any plan, but a few targets to aim at would seem sensible. Suggestions more than welcome from experienced hands.

I've booked a flexi ticket for the return trip, so the departure date isn't cast in stone. We are planning to stay on site until at least Sat 16th & have an initial date for the return crossing of the following Tues morning. That may not be the best weekend to be travelling, as it's a French 4 day bank holiday, so aires & sites could be full & roads busier than usual.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I shall pass this on today to the site and see if I can get a reply for you. Look forward to meeting you there.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello again. We have changed our 'Maybe' into a 'Yes'. We are catching the Eurotunnel train on Saturday 25th April and will meander through France until we reach Twin Lakes on 1st May. I have e-mailed the owners to book from 1st to 10th May with an option to stay longer. We are thinking we should spend more time exploring the area while we're there. Our return trip is booked for Saturday 16th May to give us a few days before the Thetford Bash. This is going to be fun isn't it!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
yes, all Funster meets are fun no matter what. It will be lovely to see you there. There is plenty to see in the area as well.

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Jag can you put us down as a poss. mayby wife checking date so she can get the time off Rob & Deb

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Ferry booked, we will be there on May 1st. Have email Twin Lakes to say we'll be there for a week. So we're a definite.

But I never book, normally. I always think, what if I don't like the place, so I just turn up.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Ferry booked, we will be there on May 1st. Have email Twin Lakes to say we'll be there for a week. So we're a definite.

But I never book, normally. I always think, what if I don't like the place, so I just turn up.
Great. See you there.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

(Mind you, if they have chicken or kidney in them you are welcome to all three.(y))

JJ :cool:

Steak JJ, although I have been known to indulge in the occasional Mince in an emergency.
:tounge:

Anyone caught inserting kidney or chicken in my FBP is immediately given an education in FB protocol. :banghead::banghead:

Hymie.

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Graham & Jean booked twin lakes waiting confermation ferry all booked will see you all on Sunday 3rd may 2015 , Rob & Deb

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham & Jean booked twin lakes waiting confermation ferry all booked will see you all on Sunday 3rd may 2015 , Rob & Deb
Look forward to meeting you both on 3rd May.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Anyone interested in ferry crossing ............Dover/Calais out 10.15 am 27/04/15
Return Dunkerque/Dover 10am 08/06/15 ....motor caravan up to 7.5m. with Caravan club (dfds) please pm me ..£70.00 Cancelling due to ill health.
Jude
BUMP

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi Graham and Jean,
We are newcomers to the forum and are travelling across the channel on May 12, thought we might catch up with you all on the Friday 15th for the weekend as we are eventually heading to Spain unless we are waylay-ed to go somewhere else.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham and Jean,
We are newcomers to the forum and are travelling across the channel on May 12, thought we might catch up with you all on the Friday 15th for the weekend as we are eventually heading to Spain unless we are waylay-ed to go somewhere else.
Welcome to the world of Funsters. You will be very welcome to drop by. We will see you on the 15th. :france::france:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Definately interested in your meet. Have filled in the RSPV form as a maybe as we have a 34 foot RV and not sure if the site can accomodate us - have sent an email to them today asking them. Sounds as if its going to be a hoot of a meet. Brian and Chris

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Definately interested in your meet. Have filled in the RSPV form as a maybe as we have a 34 foot RV and not sure if the site can accomodate us - have sent an email to them today asking them. Sounds as if its going to be a hoot of a meet. Brian and Chris
There should be loads of room for your RV there. They have a really big rally field and the access roads and siting are a doddle. We have bigger ones than yours there. Hope to see you there.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
BREAKING NEWS
On 14th May from 7pm onwards there will be Hippie Evening. Music and Karaoke (supplied by a local DJ) from the 60's. Come dressed as a hippie and win Best Dressed Hippie. You will even get a Certificate with your photo on it to show your friends.
There will also be a Mr & Mrs Evening (date to be confirmed) where you and your partner will have the opportunity to win the famous Mr & Mrs Clock, courtesy of my Jean's personalisation techniques. :notworthy2:
And, if that is not enough if you are into wacky races (example caravan races :devil:, lawn mower race as well as horses of course, there is always the chance of a Race Night sometime during our stay. Winner of the evening will get a trophy. :clap2:

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello JaG we would like to join you for the latter half of your rally please.
RSvp form? Love to meet all you sun-seeking sensible people like ourselves.
Thanks for organising. Lin& Barrie Wells.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back