LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just a warning the downloads on the pnavi website are incomplete and some files are missing. This will mean potential loss of functionality if you load tbe files onto your satnav. PWILMO is doing some workon this and is in contact with pnavi. Hopefully he will come along and let us know what the situation is.

I undersatnd that you will lose driver alerts but am not sure which ones.

It maybe prudent to wait until the situation is clarified before updating.

john

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Had a bit search around but can’t find an “avoid u turns” facility either :Sad:
Here you gou Jockaneezer,

Screen on, Tap More - Settings (tools)- Route Settings.
Next to the vehicle profile you are using, there should be a blue dot, and settings (tools).
Tap Settings. Scroll to bottom of page - Uncheck tick box for "Disable U Turns On Any Road".

Now you shouldn't be redirected out of your way unnecessarily, if you miss a turning. :winky:

HTH,

Jock.

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hmm, I don't have that option at the bottom of the settings list :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Here you gou Jockaneezer,

Screen on, Tap More - Settings (tools)- Route Settings.
Next to the vehicle profile you are using, there should be a blue dot, and settings (tools).
Tap Settings. Scroll to bottom of page - Uncheck tick box for "Disable U Turns On Any Road".

Now you shouldn't be redirected out of your way unnecessarily, if you miss a turning. :winky:

HTH,

Jock.

Jock,

That may not be available on the unit CB has, it is probably a function provided by the update that I did to your unit.

John

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock,

That may not be available on the unit CB has, it is probably a function provided by the update that I did to your unit.

John
It might not be on the unit Jockaneezer has either then. :Sad:

I am using a truck profile, but possibly it's not there if only using a car profile.

Cheers,

Jock.

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Now I have engaged my brain and familiarised myself with the device I am quite impressed, especally for the price. I still have one major issue though.

Where do we get system updates from, I have looked at the Navie Extras website which is IGO online content portal, however my branded Noza Tec device is not listed as a supported OEM product.

I did consider downloading the Navie Toolbox and letting it analyse my SD card, it does give you the option to backup your device before updating anything. Has anyone tried this, or found another way to get system updates?

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Well I installed Navie extras toolkit and attempted to connect the Sat Nav and the SD card neither were recongnised by the application. Oh well was worth a try.

I have tried all the usual web sites that may have a copy of the necassary files, drawn a blank.

Please let me know if anyone else knows where system updates can be obtained from.

Thanks

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Well I installed Navie extras toolkit and attempted to connect the Sat Nav and the SD card neither were recongnised by the application. Oh well was worth a try.

I have tried all the usual web sites that may have a copy of the necassary files, drawn a blank.

Please let me know if anyone else knows where system updates can be obtained from.

Thanks
I'd really like to be able to help you CJB, but unfortunately, I can't. :Sad:
Mine was updated for me.

Good luck,

Jock.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Xtras Manual

Hi SatNavvies

Unfortunately The Xtras Manual is no longer available for download.

Having lost much info and material due to a computer crash; the manual is being rewritten, updated and revised.

Several other functions will be added. I will let you know when its available again.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Just took delivery of one of these 3 in 1 truck sat navs and first impression is I am very pleased with it.Seems well made and screen is easy to view unlike some others I have tried.Only question I have is regarding the maps.The ones on the device are 2012'surely not the latest?Also advertised as lifetime map updates but doesn't say where from?Anyone any ideas please?

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
I have the NOZA TEC satnav with free map updates.
I have successfully updated my French/GERMAN/UK /Italian maps no trouble.

This site Broken Link Removed

ID is .. pnavi

Password is ....12890780

you unzip the maps you want ,then connect to satnav then go to igo8/contnt/maps. Use "control+f" to find original maps, delete them then add new files.

(the new files are tom tom)

Terry

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Tried mine for the first time when taking the van in for a Hab check this week and it performed well and gave clear instruction but then I was on the A47 for much of the route and it was no contest until I got to the B roads heading for Becks at Rollesby.

Then it did route me the sensible way that I would choose and not the scenic way the Garmin always took me so it passed it's first test.

No doubt there's an answer but Katie, if that's her name, kept telling me I was over the speed limit but as it's set up for a lorry I suppose apart from turning warnings off I'll have to live with it unless there's an answer in this thread?

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
YES,the username and password is the same for everybody's as far as I know,because I bought two by mistake and they both had the asme I.D. and password,mhope this helps you,gwyntaxi.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp

ID is .. pnavi

Password is ....12890780

you unzip the maps you want ,then connect to satnav then go to igo8/contnt/maps. Use "control+f" to find original maps, delete them then add new files.

Terry

ID is .. pnavi

Password is ....12890780

Terry

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Hi there sandt,
I really wish I had you IT and computer/satnav download knowledge,all this unzip/igo8/contnt/maps is all alien to me i've always been a "hammers&spanners"man myself when it comes to I.T. I've just got this blank expression on my face so I'm reliant on "friends" doing any updates etc,for me,and don't tell me how easy it is cos I'm living proof that it isn't once you pass the big 60+ things don't seem to get absorbed like it used to,not to worry one day.......... gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a Chinese 7'' truck satnav tutorial Rally?

Everyone with their nice new shiny satnavs, all us sitting under nice warm sun (a tin or two) and someone up the front that understands the instructions and what the hell is hidden deep down in these things, teaching us all how to use them, all in sheer and utter togetherness.
:roflmto:

I have put mine in and driven, but by the sounds of it there is a lot more can be done. As I've watched this (and the other similar threads) there are some who are willing to 'get stuck into the innards' so to speak and make them better - I got lost when mb's started getting mentioned, can't get the map in, it won't fit and the Russian map removal really got me in a dither....

Oh' for the understanding of all things technical..... I'm starting to think I must have fell asleep when all this was being talked about in school or I'm from the wrong generation........
:Blush:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:
I know EXACTLY how you feel mate we must have both fallen asleep in the same class,oh for a sat-nav tutorial class,i'd be there like a shot and i
definitely wouldn't fall asleep this time round.
gwyntaxi.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
We used ours for our weekend jaunt and found it great apart from 3 problems:

1) We were within 1 mile of our destination when I did a you turn to pop into an award winning shop which I saw at the side of the road. As I had turned around, the GPS recalculated the trip

1) We were within 1 mile of our destination when I did a you turn to pop into an award winning shop which I saw at the side of the road. As I had turned around, the GPS recalculated the trip based on the direction of travel and prepared a new route approx. 15 miles longer - it did not suggest that I turned around.

Similarly when we reached the destination, I deliberately went past it and rather than saying do a you turn, it gave me a new 20 mile route to take me back the 100m that I had overshot.

2) When returning home, we were within 3 miles of our house and the SAT NAV gave us a route that I knew to be longer and was calculated at 4 miles so I took the normal route and it quickly gave me the route that I was on with a distance of 2.5 miles.

3) The only way I can exit Windows CE is to shut the device down; anyone else found a way of exiting it?

I like the device but am not too keen on not having the suggestions to make you turns or not always being given the shortest route - I know that some others have experienced these problems but is it widespread?

based on the direction of travel and prepared a new route approx. 15 miles longer - it did not suggest that I turned around.

Similarly when we reached the destination, I deliberately went past it and rather than saying do a you turn, it gave me a new 20 mile route to take me back the 100m that I had overshot.

2) When returning home, we were within 3 miles of our house and the SAT NAV gave us a route that I knew to be longer and was calculated at 4 miles so I took the normal route and it quickly gave me the route that I was on with a distance of 2.5 miles.

3) The only way I can exit Windows CE is to shut the device down; anyone else found a way of exiting it?

I like the device but am not too keen on not having the suggestions to make you turns or not always being given the shortest route - I know that some others have experienced these problems but is it widespread?

1) We were within 1 mile of our destination when I did a you turn to pop into an award winning shop which I saw at the side of the road. As I had turned around, the GPS recalculated the trip based on the direction of travel and prepared a new route approx. 15 miles longer - it did not suggest that I turned around.

Hi there mattyjwr,
I like the above mentioned points and must say that I have found exactly the same myself regarding u-turns re-routing etc,gwyntaxi

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
I don't seem able to enter a full postcode on mine, after I enter the first four digits the keyboard goes grey and the 'result' amount is highlighted bottom right hand corner which if press gives me a list of results of first four digits + a choice of fifth to get me near to where I want to go, do I need to change a setting somewhere or download additional software, I downloaded latest UK maps last night still made no difference
I have navi path set to SD-Primo-etc

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
If I remember rightly on mine I enter the first three characters. Then space then I can enter the last three

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't seem able to enter a full postcode on mine, after I enter the first four digits the keyboard goes grey and the 'result' amount is highlighted bottom right hand corner which if press gives me a list of results of first four digits + a choice of fifth to get me near to where I want to go, do I need to change a setting somewhere or download additional software, I downloaded latest UK maps last night still made no difference
I have navi path set to SD-Primo-etc
I think you'll find that the keyboard is grey except for the space bar. As Gazza and Andy have said, the software requires the space (some other sat navs don't) so the only option for next character after a first part of 4 digits is Space.

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
How do I do a reset ? Press the little button in the rear of the unit or throu the software ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back