Rally Chat Wings 2015 please read (1 Viewer)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Some of you will have heard of Wings aka Retrofestival - we had a contingent from Fun there last year and feed back was good BUT

Last night we had some sad news - David Read the organiser of the Wings Wheels and Speed show in August has sadly died after a short illness .

As things stand there will not be any Wings unless someone is prepared to take on his business. As I understand it there are a couple of outfits who are talking to his widow but at this stage no one has taken it on. Knowing that it takes in excess of 12 months in the organising I do not expect any quick turnaround on this so we must assume Wings is no more until we hear differently.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Don't know anything about Wings but very sorry to hear of this gentleman's death.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
I have had a text pointing me to a face book posting this is the content

Dearest Retro Festival supporters.
My name is Claire, and you may know me through my involvement with the festival, I have been over a number of years, The Vintage Curator, website designer and manager and social media person for the event. If you have seen something on Facebook or the website, or spoken to anyone via social media, it was 9 out of 10 times me you were hearing from.
Just shortly before Christmas, my friend and mentor, and the creator and the heart and soul of ...this amazing event, David Read, suddenly passed away.
The loss of David, who was our captain, director, visionary and driving force of Retro Festival, has shocked and saddened all those involved in a deep and profound way, and we will miss him forever.
I know that most of you will have at some point meet or spoken with David, and he made it a priority to try to meet and greet as many Retro attendees as he possibly good, taking time to hear their opinions on the event and striving to turn his passion into the event that they wanted too. And I know, that you will all share in our grief at his loss.
Retro Festival was a huge passion for David. He worked tirelessly on it, and out of all the events he did, this was the one he was the most determined would succeed. And without the support of all of you amazing Retro Festivellers, that would not have been possible. You guys, are totally AWESOME. And he loved you for it.
As you can imagine, the out pouring of love for David has been a wave of commendations to his spirit and character, and we thank you all.
The website has been flooded, and at this point has crashed due to the sheer amount of visitors.
It is really wonderful that I can tell you all, that Retro Festival will carry on, and the new leader will be announcing the details soon. It will still be held on the weekend of the 7-9th of August 2015.
If I could ask that you refrain from contacting the Stately Solutions office while they get themselves together, it would greatly be appreciated.
As always, thank you for your amazing continued support, and I look forward to seeing you all at Retro 2015, as a final salute to our friend, David Read.
Warmest regards, Claire Macintyre (aka Sadie Boon)

We have not heard anything official beyond info that I posted at the beginning of this thread. At this stage I would say keep those dates free if you planned on coming. As soon as we know who is running it we will find out what is going on and whether they want a presence of RV's and our involvement . New people may well be a new broom and have different ideas and plans. At the moment emails are not being answered nor are phone calls. Please respect their request not to try and contact them. As soon as I hear more I will post.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Things are moving forward at a pace ......

Good news arrived this morning - the new owner of Retrofestival has been on the phone and we have had a long discussion and the show will be going ahead. There are lots of plans to incorporate many of the ideas that have been suggested in the past and it all sounds very exciting. Its going to be bigger and better than ever.

SOoooo Book those dates as a definite August the 6th 7th 8th 9th and 10th and watch this space for more updates VERY SOON

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
UPDATE

Lots more details to be confirmed - you already know that Wings is now DEFINATE I can now tell you it will be bigger than before because there will be MORE room therefore MORE displays and MORE going on because it is going to move to a bigger site at Newbury Showground

Keep an eye on this thread because there is stacks of exciting new information to come most important BOOK THOSE DAYS OFF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back