Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's from the Apple or Android app store

Thanks, found it on iPad but need wife's iTunes password apparently, and she has gone cycling. Tried it on android but can't find pro version, shall I just install the one available? Is that it as can't see a pro.....

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Sorry guys, didn't provide a link as i was updating maps on my iPad when the message that it was free popped up and I had to send the post from my macbook or lose my downloads queue.

Still updating maps, will look for link when finished.

Hymie.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Downloaded to iPad but doesn't say pro, then it gives you the option to download maps, are these free, don't want to click on them and get charged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They open street maps which are free....I use these on my bike gps and they are very good. I'm Downloading UK map now, it appears to be free..first download failed though.

Edit: failed again..this time got to 60%

Edit: third attempt worked:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
just been to the apple store, it says it is free now. same in play store. downloaded lots of updates but has taken me a while as it kept failing.

Maybe a busy server right now?

Hymie

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Cheers for that Judgemental, on a site at mo so probably try when home.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We already have the Maps.Me download on our Android tablet, however, I thought the Maps.Me Pro app which Hymie posted about, was something better. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They will probably spam you with adverts for a paid version of the pro eventually!

France. You have to download region by region...its a bit of a pain. Maps I fink quite big files so make sure you have enough memory..

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
I didn't download any maps it recognized which country(gps) i was in and showed appropriate map then stored them,you can also link www.searchforsites.co.uk into it and get aires and camp sights on the maps,

Alan,

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
i have now downloaded this app along with the maps on my iphone, anyone give a brief guide on how useful this is ? i already have a satnav with poi's for aires etc but i know this has been rated very high in the community so would like to get the best from it. Also how do you link the url above into as for the life of me i cant see how this is done.

Thanks in advance

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
at top where you log in searchforsites, yellow box download new, click and it opens to the app page , 2 tabs colour & type of sites click what you prefer and it does the rest, you have to do it on tablet/phone not pc

Alan,

Reactions: zac

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
at top where you log in searchforsites, yellow box download new, click and it opens to the app page , 2 tabs colour & type of sites click what you prefer and it does the rest, you have to do it on tablet/phone not pc

Alan,
Alan, I tried that on my tablet, but nothing happened, so I closed Maps.Me app, tried the download again, and reopened app again. Still nothing, although I have to admit to being a bit of a novice when it comes to anything Android. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
I'm not very techie, but managed to work it out, download new,opens page pick what you want then click on app on same page, this opens maps me with the info on,

Alan,

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Alan, I tried that on my tablet, but nothing happened, so I closed Maps.Me app, tried the download again, and reopened app again. Still nothing, although I have to admit to being a bit of a novice when it comes to anything Android. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.
I could only get this to work using google chrome on IOS (Apple devices), the default safari will always revert to the mobile site which does not have this function. Although even on chrome i couldnt get it to download any file with any content as it always showed zero favourites inside the app itself. not looked for a few days so may try again the weekend.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have been using this app as our only gps navigation around Morocco and it has just got us into Central Marrakech with no hiccups. For a free app and map downloads I think it's great. Cannot say fairer than that for something that's free.

The best thing about it is the offline use, so you are not using up all your mobile data whilst driving along. It also knows where the campsites are. Put the coordinates in and it finds the spot straight away.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I'm not very techie, but managed to work it out, download new,opens page pick what you want then click on app on same page, this opens maps me with the info on,

Alan,
Thanks Alan, I'll give it a try later on. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Anyone know how to download the search for sites info onto these maps?
Once you have downloaded the map and routing for whatever country you want, go into the search menu and put in campsites, as you zoom in a little tent symbol appears on the map, tap on that and it will tell you the name of the campsite in the top left of the screen. Also you can search by campsite address or coordinates or we have found one just by name. I am using ipad and iPhone, it is a little different on Colin's Samsung but not much. In fact I would say that it is better on the Samsung tab than the ipad.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I got there in the end. :LOL:
As an experiment, and using Al-Di's instructions above, and www.searchforsites.co.uk I've just downloaded the CC sites and CLs, and the C&CC sites and CS onto my Maps.Me UK map.

I'll try your method Sandra, when I download an EU map. (y)

Thanks to you, and Alan above for your help. :)

Cheers,

Jock.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Oknim tired but not that tired I can't work out how to integrate mapsme and search for sites. I also tried to add Archie's to maps me failed there too. Please help an Android numpty thanks

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
trying to make this work,
open www. searchforsites.co.uk (pdf1)
register, show location, click on yellow download new,
opens kml page, (pdf 2) read all at bottom click on what you want and click submit button download maps me from this page and it should carry everthing across,

Attachments

• maps me 1.pdf
    258.9 KB · Views: 13
  • maps me 2.pdf
    125.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thank you for explaining for some reason my tablet won't allow me to open it as a webpage.my phone will but I can barely reed writing I'll get there if I can't then I guess I don't need it lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back