Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
our Truman 6e won't work. On gas everything operates ok on electric but when we switch to gas the fan starts it runs for about 20seconds and the. Shuts down the gas is on to the heater

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Has it worked recently or did this happen suddenly? Do your gas rings work OK?

Could be igniter failure, dirty/blocked jet. Or the gas regulator blocked or starting to fail. Not really expert enough to take it further but someone is sure to come along shortly (or already has!)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Is it the digital controller? Mine is and I had to send it back for reprogramming. It did the same when set on the timer, but it worked OK manually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We had this prob a few weeks ago. Red light on boiler dial. Fridge and hob ok. Gas full and no prob with flue.
Next day hob flame went lower than usual.
Changed gas regulator with spare and bingo.
Saved a few bob as I had read that the pcb goes and was expecting £300 bill.
Good luck

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Need more info.
If the hobs and oven are all OK then it suggests the problem is in the boiler and not the gas supply. If not then try a new regulator.

Does the red light come on when it fails?

If so there will be a failure code flashed on the lights on the boiler itself. This will be first thing asked for if you need to go to a truma engineer. You will need to get to the boiler itself to find this,

This happened to me a few years ago. In my case it was a fault in the boiler and they replaced it under warranty.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Had exactly the same problem with mine a few weeks ago. Took it to Johns Cross. They were very helpful - eventually turned out to need a new main pcb - £288 including VAT - the main cost was the new pcb at £190 plus VAT!!

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Another thing to check before heading off to part with serious cash

There are two fans, one for the flue and burner which is the smaller of the two fans, and the blower fan give these a clean..especially the blower. We had a fault last year and error codes were pointing to pcb but after much googling stumbled kn the fan suggestion. Gave ours a good clean ,as it was seriously caked in dust and, all was good after. And bonus being blow air worked better too!!

Apparently its reccomended to do this at least twice a year. ..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
not sure what valve you have but I have had 2 truma securemotion valve failures with similar symptoms. would never have another!

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
One thing to check is whether or not the gas supply is being shut off, probably by the gas valve. Turn on one of the gas rings on the cooker and now try and restart the Truma. You may well find that as the heater tries to fire the gas ring will go out. This is an indication that the flow valve mentioned in my other post has shut. If that is the case you need to contact gas it and obtain a valve with a higher flow rate.

Cheers

David.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back