Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
:welc: It's good policy to be wary but imo you've come to the right place for some constructive and informative answers to any question you may put. I thought I knew all there was to know about motorhoming when I joined the Fun, I was wrong, I've learned loads and every day's a school day for me . (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome :hi:
If you've any dealers near you it may be worth visiting just to see, it took us a while to decide on the right layout....
You'll always get good advice on here, folks are so helpful:xThumb:

And yes, it is very exciting, we got ours in September and it's still exciting x:-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hi julieju here although we haven't got a mh yet we are looking,
some scare stories out there but i hope we can learn alot from this site do's and don'ts but it is very exciting :xThumb:

:welc: to the mad house
nothing to be afraid of julie well maybe just a few crazy old gits on here :whistle2::party2:

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi welcome to the fun, take care be safe and enjoy every minute of it come rain or shine
George Joan David Travel dog Willow

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Welcome:xgrin:

I second going to a dealership. This is what we did, looked at all the available layouts/models, then the wife told me what I had to buy :D

Incidently we didn't buy from that dealer, he was way too expensive!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Sue (and Phoebe), and welcome to Motorhome Fun. They are a great bunch of really helpful people.
Glad you've got the blog working again - I missed it.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome, you have already found the best resource to help you buy your first motorhome. Think about how you want to use the van, how long you might want to be away, how many people etc. the key thing to enjoying your van to the full is getting the layout right. Having said that people rarely get it right the first time.

Ask away, nothing is too silly.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi and Welcome from West Dorset. Christine, John and Milly (the cat)

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Hi, and welcome.
We are also looking for (nearly) our first van. We had an old Talbot a couple of years ago with an end lounge, but apart from it being old, we got fed up of building beds every night!
We have since considered a few different layouts and have changed our mind between a c class and an a class more than once.
We think were pretty fixed on an a class now, but cant decide whether we really want a transverse bed over garage, or a french bed which seems to make a van more open and roomy. The garage appeals so we can store bikes etc. in it, but to be honest, were not sure how often we'll use them as we don't ever use them at home. It just seems a good idea when we go to France etc.
Then we have the decision of buying private or from a dealer? We will get more for our money privately, but get a warranty and some peaco of mind if we buy from a dealer.

So many dilemma's :)

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Look at them on ebay you get such good close ups of the interior layout emagine yourself in it do you want to make beds each night is their some where to put the kettle on or Tv if you like them if making beds is not what you want but dont want to go big there is always the new Duvalay Broken Link Removed unroll and done!! i am getting one for the couch so i can kick him out of bed because he snores, I enjoyed looking round them all till i got the one that would be best for us and what we needed

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome to the fun it would be the best £10 you have ever spent. :xgrin:

Don't forget to look at the companies that offer discounts to Funster members before you buy any accessories.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back