Double Din Radio (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi, I am looking to buy a double din radio that has FM/MW DVD and a rear camera input. Don't need any other fancy features but a lot seem to be standard these days. Has anyone bought one recently that they could recommend.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Don't buy a dynavin Chinese crap
Pioneers are about the best of Middle of road still set you back £250 though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Don't buy a dynavin Chinese crap
Pioneers are about the best of Middle of road still set you back £250 though

Someone suggested that I look at the Xtron range as they offer loads of features at a good price. These are Chinese made but when I read some on-line reviews I decided best left well alone. Some of the technology items from China can be really good but some absolute rubbish.
Pioneer and Sony have also been recommended to me so will have a look at their products.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have looked at them and I think the newer ones with quad processors and latest android are worth a chance it's not that they don't work it's the software is clunky you can get round it by using apps for media players sat nav and such
but at well over £200 I think I would buy local

OP
OP

Deleted User
I have looked at them and I think the newer ones with quad processors and latest android are worth a chance it's not that they don't work it's the software is clunky you can get round it by using apps for media players sat nav and such
but at well over £200 I think I would buy local

Thank you for your comments. I think I will buy local so if there are any problems then easier to get sorted.
I have seen the Xtrons advertised on Ebay with a shipping address as Leeds but when you click on contact supplier link the address is Hong Kong. I have emailed them twice to ask what the return address would be if I bought a radio and it was faulty but have not received any replies. If they can't respond to a potential purchaser then what sort of response would I get if I needed after sales support.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yes i have one bought at Amazon, not cheap but ram packed with gizmos, has everything you require and lots more too, the problem you will have to begin with is finding one, i searched for ages looking for a double din to fit a 2013 model and i kept being directed to the same company in Germany but they do sell some on Amazon :
Here is the web site http://www.icar-tech.de/shop/
This is the same model which i bought apart from the fascia plate on mine is curved :

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
My dynavin is a standard double din with a fiat facia plate of eBay
Easy to fit just a crap radio but it was a freebie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun