What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (1 Viewer)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Business opportunity

Seriously 'Funsters', I see a business opportunity for someone here. A senior citizens site with no children, no dogs, no smokers, high voltage electric fences surrounding pitches and hard standing with gates with security codes and no sound at all but the hiss of posh barbecues, the rumble of generators and the softly competing satellite T.V. Channels.:shout:
Meanwhile, I am seriously considering retiring from my current profession and running a site. You may not wish to visit. There will be no defined pitches and children, dogs and acoustic instruments will be actively encouraged. The daylight would ideally ring with the sounds of the excited whoops of children as they play together and yes, the occasional gentle thump of a ball, frisbee or kite on the tent or van. ( What are these big posh motorhomes made of? Tinfoil?) At night the campers would be encouraged to gather round the fire to jam with their acoustic instruments. ( One site I stayed at gave you free camping if you played music and welcomed others to your fire-good idea I thought.:thumb:)

Now calm down,I wouldn't want anyone to get trampled in the rush to book.
Happy camping.:winky:

We've got a site like that! Just managed to finish it in time for last June; although it was an unusually bad Summer weather wise we all had a good time, :cool: Did you ever "I am seriously considering retiring from my current profession and running a site."? :nod:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Please enlighten me ? what is illegal all over Spain ?

Parking on beaches/dunes in front of beaches/anywhere within the defined areas of the Ley de la Costas.

Please forgive me for being a little slow here but how does a "law" prohibiting parking any type of vehicle on the beaches mean it is "totally illegal everywhere in Spain"?

JJ :cool:

Well perhaps I phrased it badly . :)
"Parking on beaches/dunes in front of beaches/anywhere within the defined areas of the Ley de la Costas " is illegal in all of Spains regions with coastal areas.(y)

Reactions: JJ

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We hate pretty much the usual things . Screaming kids on bikes or kicking footballs . Adults chattering and partying till late . Smokers right next to our van . Once in the Le Crotoy Aire on a very hot day we could not believe it when some French people moved right next to us with their table and chairs into the shade provided by our van . They then started to eat lunch chattering loudly . This was more than we could take and decided to move ...they had the cheek to look upset losing their shade !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi

We hate pretty much the usual things . Screaming kids on bikes or kicking footballs . Adults chattering and partying till late . Smokers right next to our van . Once in the Le Crotoy Aire on a very hot day we could not believe it when some French people moved right next to us with their table and chairs into the shade provided by our van . They then started to eat lunch chattering loudly . This was more than we could take and decided to move ...they had the cheek to look upset losing their shade !

I think you have the wrong hobby....BUSBY:D:D

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Out of the UK on a Site only 25% occupied with different nationalities,another Brit arrives, sees the UK plate and parks next to you.

I like to get to know people a little before we move in together so space helps if you don't want them to be your new "best friends".

The enjoyment of not being next to Brits is that if they have a "Domestic' and you are not offay with their language you don't understand the language :swear:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
We've got a site like that! Just managed to finish it in time for last June; although it was an unusually bad Summer weather wise we all had a good time, :cool: Did you ever "I am seriously considering retiring from my current profession and running a site."? :nod:
You have a site like what? My first fantasy or my second?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi

Well .... I do prefer wilding, except a few days now and then when we need to!
Otherwise I am pretty wild. Having children screaming in my ears all week long I don't really fancy ANY place where they could be. As for French parking right next our door... just ask JJ what I sounded like when it happened to us :whistle:.
Some other time we were parked at Praia da Rocha, and a van which could park anywhere really , bags of room everywhere, parked at a maximum of 2 metres away from us!
I said to JJ ... Pleeeeaaase let's MOVE ! And we moved and just like you he looked upsed we were moving!:xdoh:

EnGog

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580 PR
Exp
3 years
One thing I've encountered a lot abroad that annoys me, are the blokes who walk off their own plot and talk loudly on their phones for ages outside our motorhome window.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One thing I've encountered a lot abroad that annoys me, are the blokes who walk off their own plot and talk loudly on their phones for ages outside our motorhome window.
Thats easily dealt with !

Turn the radio on, LOUD, and open the cab doors ..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But you only do it for a couple of minutes while they stand there .. Turn it off the MINUTE they walk away and they get the message REAL quick !

Mind you, this is such a British thing.. Subtle without subtlety !
I spose you could always just say please move away from my van ?

Deleted User
People who stream tv when the site wifi is already struggling !!

Not that I attempt this anymore but in my experience if the site wifi is struggling then it is impossible to stream anything because of all the people wasting bandwidth posting on forums moaning about people pinching their bandwidth :xsmile::xsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Best thing about camping..
Well.... meeting a lot of really lovely people.. and of course simply being able to travel !

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We were parked on a massive car park ((400mtr x 300mtr )) overlooking the sea at Almadrava just South of Tarragona and a bloody frenchman decided to give his son his first driving lesson, which is ok. But, he kept coming closer and closer and had no control with his throttle foot .. Even after I pointed out that if he hit my van I would F******* kill him and his son.. That was the only time I "nearly lost it", whilst in the van..
Annoying Git !! :xangry:

But this has been a most enjoyable thread !!!!!:xThumb::xThumb:

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I think you have the wrong hobby....BUSBY:D:D

We have many ...at the moment anchored on our sailboat in Boca Raton and wondering what will annoy us next . The water skiers or the people in powerboats towing kids around on big banana . The holidays are here ! Hell is other people ! Time for double rations of rum methinks .

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Being told by the C& CC that you can only book a site for a minimum No. of Days. Tried to book at Moffat C&CC for the New Year, and had to book for a minimum of 3 Days. Total Rip off Britain springs to mind again. Does a Hotel tell you, that you have to book for a minimum No. of Days?, no. Needless to say, I didn't book it. What is wrong with this Country??? Oh, and Merry Christmas one and all :xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back