Dec 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Toyota Devon Sunrise
Exp
Since 1970
Greetings
I’m John and I’ve been motorhoming and campervanning for more than 40 years.

I’ve had shiny new coachbuilts and rusty old self-build vans.

I’ve just collected my ninth (and absolutely my last) van – a 2003 Toyota Hi Ace Devon Sunrise – in fact a later version of my first, 1985 Sunrise.

Although married, most of my campervanning trips are now solo, invariably in France and at the end of each I meet up with my wife and we then spend some weeks together in a gite somewhere.

I use mostly aires with the occasional Municipal to replenish battery and laundry.

I use a combination of paper map planning, my trusty Garmin 1490 and my tried and tested spreadsheet of co-ordinates.

I don’t do rallies but like to chat to fellow vagabonds when parked up on aires.

Although I have little to contribute in the way of technical advice, I hope to be able to offer some words of experience to those venturing across the Channel for the first time.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:welc:

Our first van was a self built Hi-Ace conversion based on the mini-bus configuration of the Hi-Ace.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello John,
Welcome to the forum. We've yet to go to France . We plan on going when we don't have work in the way and more than just a two week break. Gone upwards to the outer Hebrides and Aviemore , and as far as the Isle of White though.
Don't rule out the funster rallies. We don't do shows , but Go on funster rallies, great fun.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. There are lots who don't do rallies you are not alone thought you should try at least one to see what you may be missing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, it would seem that you would have lot to offer in the way of advise on Aires etc, as said above try a local rally to see if you like it. :xThumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi John welcome to fun, I know a lot of people say they don't do rallies, but it's worth doing one with fun :xwink: because you might find you like it, and have been missing out for years. :xrofl:
:xThumb: Bob and Janie .:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, and if you want an avatar feel free to use this one!

vagabond.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back