LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
The top part of Morocco has a lot of rain , hence all the greenery , on our first visit 2013 we were expecting to see sand , but it looked just like the uk , raining heavily and every where green and flooded , It wasn't until we got near the Atlas that it became dry and sunny .
Azrou Euro Camp . just looked at the 2014 diary, it took 5 hours from Asilah 285 miles , 4 Police Radar traps plus Police check points , loads of varying speed limits as well 24 , 36, 48, 62, mph
saw a few 24 mph ( 40 k ) on bends with Radar Cops in the bushes further up the road ,

If you havent been try to visit the Cascades de azoud , campsite Zebra ,and Ini-n-Ifri to the Rock Arch about 1 hour away towards Marakesh ,

Thanks.
Did the cascades last year and found the arch at Demnate on your recommendation. Well worth the visit.
Camping zebra was one of the best sites we stayed on.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Still pissing down then!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Latest e mail from Sue & Dave down at Tan Tan

Hi
Not up to much at the moment. We are still in El Ouatia "chilling". Some friends are here with us so we are spending Christmas here, then moving on to Taghazoute. It is still quite quiet, we are on the busiest campsite out of the 3 and there are only 12 vans on here, 3 English, 1 German, 1 Swiss the rest French, everyone is very friendly, we have regular nights together in the campsite restaurant, and we are planning a Christmas eve party.

There are still some roads closed, near Marrakech, Sidi Ifni and inland, The roads around Guelmim have not been fully repaired yet, but hopefully will be soon.

Will update you soon, with photo's

Sue & Dave

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Feet up at euro camping, Azrou, aka 'disney'
Just finishing meal with a bit of cheese and a quality lidl brick of red!
Report now due.
After leaving now sunny Asilah we did a bit on the toll m way to Larache then followed the N1 to Ksar el Kebir.
Picked up R413 to Meknes then N13 to Azrou.
All roads clear except frequent donkeys and 3 wheel bike/trucks. Waterlogged fields gave way to snow capped peaks via lots of crap roads as we approached the middle atlas, and afternoon temps dropped from 15 to 8°. Forecast is 0° for tonight!
So summary for today:
Roads ok, now on the pork scratchings.

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
@ dazzling thanks for your very comprehensive report, looks like we will be following in your tracks early in the new year, date still to be decided!

Enjoy the Lidl red brick

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Did you deffo pull out ? Remember us ? we bought your cotton arms rally tickets
Regards Jeanette

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Feet up at euro camping, Azrou, aka 'disney'
Just finishing meal with a bit of cheese and a quality lidl brick of red!
Report now due.
After leaving now sunny Asilah we did a bit on the toll m way to Larache then followed the N1 to Ksar el Kebir.
Picked up R413 to Meknes then N13 to Azrou.
All roads clear except frequent donkeys and 3 wheel bike/trucks. Waterlogged fields gave way to snow capped peaks via lots of crap roads as we approached the middle atlas, and afternoon temps dropped from 15 to 8°. Forecast is 0° for tonight!
So summary for today:
Roads ok, now on the pork scratchings.

Don't let the imam catch you or you'll be in jankers.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Landed.
Caught 10am ferry, sailed at 11.30.
Landed 12 maroc time, out of port by 2.10!

Dazzlin - for the benefit of following Funsters what was it like going through customs/immigration. The word on the street is that you only stop at one booth now to do everything, is that true?

I'd like to be able to update my resources info sheet for the forum.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Yup. Stopped at one booth after about an hour in queues in nine lanes being directed from one lane to another. Shuffled into lanes of 5 vehicles in groups of 5. Then a lot of standing about by all involved. You have to track down the policeman/official responsible for your group then he checked our forms, made me complete my cin no then took the form and came back with it stamped. Then drive out.
passports were shown on exiting the ferry.
All in all I felt took a little longer than last time but we were only in a group of less than 20 m'omes and maybe 100 laden cars so perhaps that affected it.
Pot luck on the day methinks

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Last time we went over it was a bit like the gambling game watch the lady only it was watch the police man ,
whoever takes your paper work watch them like a hawk as they cannot remember which paperwork / passport belongs to who ,
we were about 4 hours getting through and as Dazlin were moved from lane to lane ,
just try and keep calm .... :coolest:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Definition of jankers in English:
NOUN
[MASS NOUN]British military slang
Punishment for those who have committed a military offence:the sergeant put me on jankers

Consuming products from a pig can be considered offensive in a Muslim country
Especially if your a pig!

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Well ferry booked and paid, van mot and serviced spent nearly a grand and were still at home.
Must get better

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Money - copies of all your vehicle documents (including MOT), in fact copy everything just in case. Ensure your own passports have more that 6 months to run. EHIC cards for reciprocal health treatment in the EU.

Dogs passport and the MOST IMPORTANT thing is the rabies certificate signed and dated - this in addition to the stamps in the dogs passport.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Yeah! Vets just called, the dogs rabies test has come back ok and she can have her passport stamped. WE CAN GO TO MOROCCO:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Green card arrived yesterday..... Have we forgotten anything?

See Allah is looking down on you
As Ken says documents original and copy's
Looking back on our trip the only thing we could have improved on was
When you are on ferry and get your passport stamped he will enter a number on your passport by hand make sure it is readable clearly
If it's not get him to redo it
Mine had numbers that were not clear and it cost me a lot of time in tangers med with police and border control not being able to find it on computers

Olso @SUGGY had form that he had pre filled in for camp sites with his and Rosie's plus the vans details
If you find one make sure you have a space for your passport entry number
Other wise you will be filling out forms at every camp site

And as much booze as you can get away with when you get tickets from Carlos
I was a bit worried about overloading our next time van will be on its bloody knees
I ain't paying Moroccan prices again if you are a wine drinker get boxes rather than bottles don't rattel and stack up easer
More will follow shortly

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Isn't there a form you have to fill in with your motor home details in triplicate?
One for entry, one for exit and one you keep

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Here we go again. @canopus now you do mean that the certificate is page 8 in passport and it has to be stamped don't you? Or do you mean as well as the stamp there is a separate bit of paper to the passport? Soz if this is going to make some folks look to the sky's, I thought I had a handle on this but need to check as my vets haven't got a clue.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Olso @SUGGY had form that he had pre filled in for camp sites with his and Rosie's plus the vans details
If you find one make sure you have a space for your passport entry number
Other wise you will be filling out forms at every camp site
That's an excellent idea. Do you have an electronic copy of the form Suggy?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Here we go again. @canopus now you do mean that the certificate is page 8 in passport and it has to be stamped don't you? Or do you mean as well as the stamp there is a separate bit of paper to the passport? Soz if this is going to make some folks look to the sky's, I thought I had a handle on this but need to check as my vets haven't got a clue.

Please see pages 8, 9 and 10 of this thread. You need a your Pet Passport stamped on the appropriate page and in addition you will need the certificate which shows the blood test result. This is a separate piece of paper entirely from the Pet Passport.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Please see pages 8, 9 and 10 of this thread. You need a your Pet Passport stamped on the appropriate page and in addition you will need the certificate which shows the blood test result. This is a separate piece of paper entirely from the Pet Passport.

Got it, thanks. I have read through but miss-understood and thought the stamped page was the certificate. We can't get to the vets until tomorrow so will assume/hope that they have it waiting for me.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Terry,Would you now take us off your list for 15Jan crossing.All seamed to be going to plan when we found out that DEFRA would not be able to do the rabies test on Tue 30 Dec as they are doing it Mon that week and we can't get sample to them earlier than tuesday.It would have meant a 4-5 day dash to make it for 14/15 Jan.So hope to meet up with some of you when we do get across to Marocco,I will be reading the posts avidly and hoping to get as much information as I can.................Martin&Sue:xangry::xThumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Reason being, if you lose your originals for whatever reason, you're up the swanny in a boat with no paddle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back