My Truma Combi 4E is not working! (1 Viewer)

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
I had my heating (240v) on in the van earlier in the week to air it a bit ready for the weekend.

It has now stopped working (sort of). I have replaced the 10amp slow blow fuse which had blown.

I have checked all the connections at the control end and all seems fine as are all the other vehicle fuses.

The 12v + power lead was showing 2.9v. Then a while later it was showing 12.8v with me having done nothing, and when I tried the heater it worked again for about 15 minutes then stopped and now is showing 10.3 v on the power lead which of course is under the 10.5v it needs to run.

All the batteries are fully charged.

Has anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Commiserations Biggles, I don't have a solution but I'm watching the thread with interest and I hope you get it fixed asap.(y)

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
In a month the EM50 power module, the fridge, and now the Trauma heater. Will it ever end. My last MH I built my self. Used it for 3 years without a single problem.

And we are going away on Sunday. At least I have the new power module for the Thetford fridge which I will fit tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
In a month the EM50 power module, the fridge, and now the Trauma heater. Will it ever end. My last MH I built my self. Used it for 3 years without a single problem.

And we are going away on Sunday. At least I have the new power module for the Thetford fridge which I will fit tomorrow.

Best of luck mate and I hope all is well by the time you're ready for your trip.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
A bit obvious but have you done a search on here?

We have been struggling to get to grips with one of these but there is quite a few threads and info on here?

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
A bit obvious but have you done a search on here?

We have been struggling to get to grips with one of these but there is quite a few threads and info on here?

I did but no solution I could find.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks. We have our love to keep us warm, and a kettle and flannel wash will have to do.
Yes - we had a similar experience at Abbey Wood:)

Sorry to hear you couldn't get it sorted - I'm sure the good folk on here will be able to help, bit early yet though(y)

Good luck:)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
The 12v + power lead was showing 2.9v. Then a while later it was showing 12.8v with me having done nothing, and when I tried the heater it worked again for about 15 minutes then stopped and now is showing 10.3 v on the power lead which of course is under the 10.5v it needs to run.

That sounds like an intermittent faulty connection on the feed with the volts dropping when the truma tries to draw current. A check of all leads & connections would be worth while. Not sure on the blown fuse, but check the connections where it plugs in in case the fault is still there.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
check main fuse box take fuse,s out and re-place mine some times act,s up as stated probably fured up

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I had my heating (240v) on in the van earlier in the week to air it a bit ready for the weekend.

It has now stopped working (sort of). I have replaced the 10amp slow blow fuse which had blown.

I have checked all the connections at the control end and all seems fine as are all the other vehicle fuses.

All the batteries are fully charged.

Has anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Sounds like a bad connection.
Are you reading between the live feed & the earth input or a Known good earth?
Take a FUSED feed straight from the battery & connect it to the 12v feed input.
If that still gives a low reading it could be a bad earth.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I had trouble with this once. it was a loose connection in the 230v grey feed box next to unit...worked well for years until it worked itself loose. please make sure your not plugged into mains if you decide to have a look....:(

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Happy to report that the Truma is working. It wasn't the heater it was the connection out of the Sergent unit. The wire had become detached all but a couple of thin strands causing voltage drop on start. If the voltage on the heater drops below 10.5v it won't run.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back