MotorhomeFun Home Brewing Chat (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I used to brew my own lager but drank too much. I'm on the rose wine now but would find it to difficult to brew in the van.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
A

Did you put the vale together right have a look at all the rubber parts to male sure they are all in place there are two seals on the valve inlet and relief if ether are not siting properly it will leek back.
And enuer you have a good seal valve to cap common mistake to miss out cap seal there could be a rubber washer on the valve screw assembly or
or orings
then pressure test with co2
Make up solution of washing up liquid pore or spray I use spray bottle over valve the cap tap if no bubblies jobs a good one
bill
Thanks Bill. I did check all seals and applied Vaseline to the cap seal as advised by the local brew shop. However, when I inserted the O2 cartridge I still had a leak around the cap joint. Doesn't seem to matter what I do it always leaks around the cap.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
s
Thanks Bill. I did check all seals and applied Vaseline to the cap seal as advised by the local brew shop. However, when I inserted the O2 cartridge I still had a leak around the cap joint. Doesn't seem to matter what I do it always leaks around the cap.
replace the cap it knackered

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it may work if you can get another seal to go on top of the other one or big
o ring

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well as you know I like brewing beer.
I got talking to the guy i have been doing some driving for abut my hobby and showed him the kit i have he asked me if i could scale it up.
why says i.
could you spare a hr or two this evening think so say i .
he pikes me up in his car takes me to the big house he owns theirs me thinking he has just has a car hire taxi company
pulls op at the stabiles to the big house this belongs to me and a partner
there is five stabiles all full of luxury cars mini buses wondered whare he kept them
would one like this do you i am looking at a room the size of a very very large garage it used to be where they kept the coaches with walls freshly panted
concrete shredded floored with drains
There is one just down the lane just like this it yours if you want it
I have wanted to start my own brewery for many years
i have consent to brew Frome HMRC just need to change location
to new premises
i can start any time i want
and till it gets going i can drive for him to what a brake and get away from the drilling.
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Well done Bill. Just goes to show that the breaks in life can come at any time from anywhere. (y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
as promised my mash ton boiler I can make 25ltr to 100 ltr batches with this it is a mash tone boiler set up
20141122_190000.jpg 20141122_185944[1].jpg

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
where do you expect to sell the Beer Bill?
I have HMRC consent to brew and have several off sales and free houses real ale houses to start with roger.
it will be to start with more a hobby than a business to start with room for expansion I wont be a bill to stop working any time soon
but it a start
bill

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well thats handy Bill how do they collect the tax on sales. Watch out for public health inspectors mind as home brew and doing it on a larger scale soon wakes them up and they start insisting on hot water, toilets, tiled floors and walls etc and traceability of materials ingredients etc. I'm sure Brewery Dave could be of great help to you having gone through it himself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well thats handy Bill how do they collect the tax on sales. Watch out for public health inspectors mind as home brew and doing it on a larger scale soon wakes them up and they start insisting on hot water, toilets, tiled floors and walls etc and traceability of materials ingredients etc. I'm sure Brewery Dave could be of great help to you having gone through it himself.
I already have the place where it is going to happen roger I have been looking in to this for a very long time I am working with the local environmental helth
seems like your looking for fault roger

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
looking for fault no, looking for possible problems yes, that's how problems are avoided. and businesses that understand the posible problems stand a better chance of succeeding. As I said good luck.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Don't brew beer............Sloe Gin is my passion. (and then let it age for around 5 years. :beerchug:)

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Is that enough red, Mike? ;)

With the 5 gals I bottled this afternoon, I hope so, but I have another batch of 5 ready to go if needed.
I know it's only for Dawn, but now you've got me worried, it should be enough.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just puled the first pint of a new batch a bit of haze as it's the firs out the barrel but yum

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
very simple recipe for apple wine4 x cartons coop apple juice one lemon a small 250 mil jar of honey
one lemon
20z of resins optional but helps with tanning
boil resins in a cup of water stain throw in to demi Jon
wine yeast
ensure every thing is sterilise
only fill dime Jon to shoulder till initial fermentation is over
shud ferment for two week in a warm place and then start to clear but may take longer
coop grap juice works very well but you don't need the lemon

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
one of my nabors has just asked me if a seven year old wine kit will still work what do you think my answer was
::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back