Wild camping safe around Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Scouse Roo

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt E745 Bessacarr
Exp
22 years
:) Hi to all,
Will be travelling home to Liverpool to see friends & family for a month (16 dec - 16 jan) over christmas, does anyone know of anywhere safe where i would be able to park up & safely use my generator for a few hours at least & also where would be safe to park overnight for a single traveller in the Liverpool, Port Sunlight area.
Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help.
Roo

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
find pub car parks safes bet I would think it's not safe in hotels in Liverpool
be carful it's one of the only places I have had problems.
bill

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I visited Speke Hall earlier in the year and on the way back out the road looked wide and quiet and I had noticed a couple of lorries parked up on the way in, so I happily stayed over night - no probs and fairly level - no idea how far it is from Port Sunlight though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scouse Roo

Scouse Roo

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt E745 Bessacarr
Exp
22 years
thankyou, this is helping so far, I haven't been home in 24 years so i presume a lot has changed, i used to know where to park up, but those places aren't there anymore.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi there are two certified locations in wirral with caravan club but i cant copy paste with ipad

I think if you hold your finger against the link rather than tapping it a menus comes up asking you if you want to copy it. Just select copy, go to where you want to paste it even if it is a different programme, hold your finger on the page and another menu comes up. Select paste and what you have copied appears. Hope that helps :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not getting into stereotyping scousers, as there's good and bad people everywhere. however the Liverpool area has been a no go area for me since I had 2 vehicles broken into in broad daylight (happened once and I thought it a one off. I was WRONG!). of course nobody saw a thing and locals actually blamed me for parking up in the wrong area
So I wouldn't leave a motorhome parked up whilst I celebrated Christmas with family. Would rather pay to be on a site and either get picked up or get a taxi.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
You can park along side the sea wall at New Brighton, you see motorhomes & lorries parked overnight,

Eric

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
St Helens is only fifteen minutes down the East Lancs Road .. I think it is now A580 or something .. main road into Manchester. If you then turn off it BEFORE you get to St Helens and head towards Rainford, five minutes, there are several pull offs that are safe along the Rainford by pass.. You could then just drive into Liverpool the following day and park up safely in the docks car park or thereabouts. (Don't know where your friends live).

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
When I had a "proper " job I was stopped at some traffic lights, two kids, one on each side nicked my wheel trims !
I swear I saw them in the Ferrari pit crew last week !:swear2::swear2::swear2:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Whereas we parked in the middle of Mekness, wandered around the dark back alleys in perfect safety. Compared to many of the locals our motorhome contained vast riches. Funny old world isn't it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My friend was stopped at traffic lights on the busy East Lancs road in Liverpool and someone opened her passenger door, reached in and grabbed her bag before running off with it. I always lock my doors when driving now .... However, I am sure that even driving through Bolton, Manchester, Bury, Southport, Essex, Oxford .... etc .... the same thing could have happened ... I am just more aware now when driving.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There is an industrial and retail estate in Bromborough where you could park,but I would agree that Kings Parade in New Brighton is the best place,it is used by night fishers,don't think the genny is a good idea though.
There is a cl/cs at the bottom of Levers Causeway in Storeton village and one at Arrowebrook Farm in Greasby.
The club site at Thursaston is closed until Spring.
BTW nice to see the old cliches about Merseyside being trotted out!

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
I like scousers,but the first time I raced at aintree(the car race circuit) an official came round telling us all to make sure that everything was put away or locked up as the ba#terds come over and under the fence and will have anything away! Bless!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I would think somewhere like New Brighton (15-20 mins Port Sunlight ) would be ok but I'd feel happier on sites. The front at N.B has plenty of CCTV.

Link Removed
Link Removed
3 Google reviews
Station Rd, Thurstaston, Wirral
0151 648 5228
more info

Fir Trees Caravan Park
www.firtreescaravanpark.com
1 Google review
Ferry Ln, Chester
01244 398365
more info
Several sites in the area.

Or look at Bromborough, other side of Port Sunlight from New Brighton---I remember that being quite a decent area.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I would think somewhere like New Brighton (15-20 mins Port Sunlight ) would be ok but I'd feel happier on sites. The front at N.B has plenty of CCTV.

Link Removed
Link Removed
3 Google reviews
Station Rd, Thurstaston, Wirral
0151 648 5228
more info

Fir Trees Caravan Park
www.firtreescaravanpark.com
1 Google review
Ferry Ln, Chester
01244 398365
more info
Several sites in the area.

Or look at Bromborough, other side of Port Sunlight from New Brighton---I remember that being quite a decent area.
Wirral Country Park closes for the Winter and the last time I stayed at Fir Trees,it was like Jeremy Kyles green room complete with feral kids! I would suggest Arrowebrook Farm.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I wasn't stereotyping Liverpool, just stating facts based on personal experience

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
As for stereotyping scousers, i moved back here under the county of merseyside,. I used to live in a small village in North Wales and some of the neighbours used to leave their cars unlocked as the local farm hands on the way home would break in looking for fags or change. The idea being if you left itunlocked then no damage. Also my family live in Market Harborough which also has it share of richard heads. I would not be offended by people saying they had witnesed some sort of crime against them by scousers as it is a reasonable sized city which mean the more the people the more the richard heads. (Same in any city)

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion 100%, i have worked in most of the large cities around the UK and found similar. The only sad thing i have found is we seem to glamourise the affable scouser (i am one) because they are very often only to happy to be in the lime light.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Wirral Country Park closes for the Winter and the last time I stayed at Fir Trees,it was like Jeremy Kyles green room complete with feral kids! I would suggest Arrowebrook Farm.

Sorry, I was rushing---should have read the reviews. I suppose at least if you wild damp in residential area you'd ( hopefully) avoid the feral kids!

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
As for stereotyping scousers, i moved back here under the county of merseyside,. I used to live in a small village in North Wales and some of the neighbours used to leave their cars unlocked as the local farm hands on the way home would break in looking for fags or change. The idea being if you left itunlocked then no damage. Also my family live in Market Harborough which also has it share of richard heads. I would not be offended by people saying they had witnesed some sort of crime against them by scousers as it is a reasonable sized city which mean the more the people the more the richard heads. (Same in any city)

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion 100%, i have worked in most of the large cities around the UK and found similar. The only sad thing i have found is we seem to glamourise the affable scouser (i am one) because they are very often only to happy to be in the lime light.

Sorry hate for anyone thinking im either pro or anti liverpudlians, just wanted to say its no different than any other city

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
My friend was stopped at traffic lights on the busy East Lancs road in Liverpool and someone opened her passenger door, reached in and grabbed her bag before running off with it. I always lock my doors when driving now .... However, I am sure that even driving through Bolton, Manchester, Bury, Southport, Essex, Oxford .... etc .... the same thing could have happened ... I am just more aware now when driving.
it can happen any where joy

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sorry hate for anyone thinking im either pro or anti liverpudlians, just wanted to say its no different than any other city

Having moved south from Liverpool we get all the jokes all the time and of course we hear lots of opinions about Liverpool :rolleyes: it's not all bad. Saying that I would not wild camp there, I would definitely use a site, same goes for any large city.

Roo, is there not someone's driveway you could park on?

BTW geoffles we used to live down the road from you in Maghull.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've always wondered where they nick all the bricks to leave the cars up on. Do you think they get them from a pallette in a builder's yard then leave it up on car wheels?

Reactions: CWH

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Having moved south from Liverpool we get all the jokes all the time and of course we hear lots of opinions about Liverpool :rolleyes: it's not all bad. Saying that I would not wild camp there, I would definitely use a site, same goes for any large city.

Roo, is there not someone's driveway you could park on?

BTW geoffles we used to live down the road from you in Maghull.

Talking of Maghull, there is in the countryside there a place that used to be called The Chesterfield ... maybe Scousebird could give a postcode or something ... and there is a large car park in front. The man that owns it lives in the big house next door and is very approachable. I am sure he would allow you to park on the car park overnight ... mention Joy. (It's going back many years but if he is still alive (Rod) he should remember me. :) .. completely innocent .. lovely family.)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Talking of Maghull, there is in the countryside there a place that used to be called The Chesterfield ... maybe Scousebird could give a postcode or something ... and there is a large car park in front. The man that owns it lives in the big house next door and is very approachable. I am sure he would allow you to park on the car park overnight ... mention Joy. (It's going back many years but if he is still alive (Rod) he should remember me. :) .. completely innocent .. lovely family.)

The Chesterfield
Prescot Road
Melling
LIVERPOOL
L31 1AN

Is that the one you mean? I don't know if it's still there but I haven't been along that road for a long time. There is a CL along that road called Lyons Farm just as you turn off the Maghull - Kirkby road

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The Chesterfield
Prescot Road
Melling
LIVERPOOL
L31 1AN

Is that the one you mean? I don't know if it's still there but I haven't been along that road for a long time. There is a CL along that road called Lyons Farm just as you turn off the Maghull - Kirkby road
That's the one. Thank you. Also, if there is a CL there then it may be of interest to others .. so often people ask for somewhere to park close to Liverpool. From there they can also go for a day out to Ormskirk market, or other places like Crosby, etc.

Thank you. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Scouse Roo have you got sorted please? Do we have to keep our thinking caps on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back